Mapping - General info for all members...

tspar

I was thinking of buying the Connect Premium X9 maps but thought I would check if there were any updates planned before forking out £145 !

Below is the email i got back from HERE Customer services should you be thinking of taking the plunge....

Dear customer, 

Thank you for inquiring about HERE Maps. 

Unfortunately, no planned updates for Connect Premium (X9).

The latest Version is the 2014/2015.

Should you require additional information, please send us your feedback by replying to this email . 

With kind regards,

HERE Customer Service
PO Box 501
7300 AM APELDOORN 

THE NETHERLANDS

Yea, not good considering how many roads have changed in nearly 3 years !. I am not a fan of "In car satnav" and wouldn't spec one given the choice. Just got to decide if £145 is good value for maps two years out of date :scare:

58 minutes ago, nissanjuke said:

YOU COULD BUY A BRAND NEW TOM TOM FOR THAT PRICE!:lol:

A lot less as it happens and with lifetime maps but I agree with the sentiment. Silly price. Just wanted to share the fact no updates were planned shortly if anyone did want the Nissan maps.

• 2 weeks later...

I don`t see it as being much of an issue  not being bang up to date on the SatNav.

Just guess which way to go at any new junction not on the map and wait for it to re route when you`ve gone wrong.

Still beats sticking a sucker on your windscreen for your portable or a phone mounted in the air vent and trailing wires everywhere.

Edited by Wayne370Z