MOT Fail - Front disks and pads

jordank

Hi Guys, 

My 2005 Roadster has been in for the MOT this morning and its failed on the front disks and pads, the garage has quoted £277.06 to replace them. Is it worth paying this or should i buy some better ones from elsewhere as they need replacing. I dont need them for track use. 

Cheers

Must admit that seems a little on the cheap side though they would have to be R90 (so within 15% better or worse than original fit) so perfectly safe.

Speak to the traders as coldel has said. If you want a bit more bite, maybe upgrade the pads. Discs aren't really worth upgrading unless you plan to track your car.

Seems a reasonable price to me. TBH if you have basic tools its very easy to replace the disks & pads yourself. The pads in particular on the bembo`s are super easy to swap. I upgraded mine to ds2500 pads and found they were an improvement over standard albeit more expensive.

I can let you have a pair of new front Brembo style discs which are OEM quality and Ferodo or Mintex pads for £150.00.

As Rabbitstew has said very easy as a DIY or supply your own parts to the garage.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further. :thumbs:

Alex.