I didn't buy a Lotus after all.

Zeezeebaba

2 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

I do like them with the hard top on..........my bro likes to get the roof off as much as poss though so he'll never do it!

Just re read a bit of this and saw you mention the A339.....what a road!! That used to be my go to for a blast very early on a Sunday morning to get a fully clear run through from A31 to M3 bridge. Do you do the loop down the A32 across to Petersfield on the A272 then up Bell Hill (past Steep/ Stoner Hill) back to the A32? Was always a nice add on

I've been that very way today :)

Loads of enthusiasts out on the road today, Aston, Porsche, Ferrari, Mclaren and me in the poor man's wheels :)

Also got a flash and wave from an S2 so I returned the compliment. All in all the perfect petrol head day aside from visiting a track. 

Edited by Zeezeebaba

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

My only negative comment so far, i really dont like the "biscuit" centres :(

Yeah that seems to be quite the issue amongst owners the biscuit debate. I think it adds a touch of class to the spartan interior. I don't like the blue or red centres as I think it looks a bit Halfords .  Black is ok but cheap looking and boring. I plan a retrim at some stage but have yet to decide on what colour combo. Each to their own though :)

If I do go down the black route it will probably be carbon trim on the doors and a black and dark blue centre on the seats. No idea yet.

Edited by Zeezeebaba
  • Like 1

Exactly :)

I didnt find the std seats too comfortable, got a very sore lower back , I ended up with a Corbeau and planned to get a matching one later on, same shell as the Vxr seats and never got a single eache or always plenty of Lotus Probax seats around on ebay.

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/corbeau-le-pro1-lotus-racing-seat/prod_836.html

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeezeebaba said:

I've been that very way today :)

Top job!! I must go and run this route again this year when I can get back down at some point. Over Stoner Hill is like an alpine pass............for about 100meters anyway!

Re seats.....my brothers car has the same as the Exige seat and I'm always surprised how unsupported they are so if you do change them I'd go for something a bit more hardcore. They aren't comfy either, we took it on the circuit days alpine adventure a few years back and I couldn't walk pain free for days after that!! 

Edited by 350Butcher
  • Like 1