Kuro Black GT4 - 'Interim' Detail

BradGT4

Hi all ... recently changed my TVR T30C for a Nissan 350Z (Gt4 No.6), and decided to test my Jeffs Acrylic kit on it, partly to use it up (it will be replaced in time with Blackfire gear, which I understand is better suited to the colour) and also to keep it looking the best possible prior to the arrival of a Megs G220 dual action polisher and a full correctional detail.

Had always been happy with the Jeffs kit in the past ...

IMG_1175.jpg

But the 'Z' was in a poor state, looking dull and lifeless ...

IMG_1392.jpg

... and in some places simply filthy :doublesho ...

IMG_1400.jpg

It clearly hadn't seen any wax / sealant for some time.

IMG_1401.jpg

So I set to work ...

Wash - Rinsed, washed using Megs Gold Class shampoo and Megs Lambswool mitt. Hosed with an open-ended hose, dried with a Poorboys Waffle Weave towel and spritz of Jeffs Acrylic Gloss. Arches cleaned using P21S and Megs Microfibre mitt. Clayed with Megs Quik Clay / Detailer and dried with fresh PB Waffle Weave towel.

Wheels and tyres - Washed using Menz Wheel & Tyre gel, agitated with Megs Wheel Brush and Microfibre mitt. Tyres dressed with Blackfire long-lasting tyre Gel.

IMG_1397.jpg

Bodywork protected with Jeffs Prime - applied with a german applicator and buffed with a Poorboys Super Thick & Plush towel. Jeffs Jett Trigger applied / buffed with Poorboys Deluxe Mega towels.

IMG_1451.jpg

Exhaust polished with Megs All Metal Polysh.

The results :) ...

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

The interior trim was wiped with a damp microfibre, carpets hoovered and seats treated with Poorboys leather stuff.

IMG_1445.jpg

Any thoughts, feedback or suggestions gratefully received.

Have to add a huge thanks to Rich @ www.PolishedBliss.co.uk, whose advice (and products!!) have been invaluable

Now i'd best go and formally introduce myself to the forum!!

Who would leave a zed so uncared for :scare: great rescue job ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

The finish has got some of its depth and reflectivity back, but is still quite badly swirled. Think the previous owner must've cleaned it with a brillo pad. That should be rectified as soon as I get the Megs G220 and attack it with Menzerna Intensive / Final Finish polishes - as it's too big a task to tackle by hand. Heard 'Z's have notoriously soft paint so gonna have to be fairly cautious though but confident of 90%+ correction :thumbs:

Soft paint. Clark at polished bliss took a gauge over mine to give them an idea!

Rich did a Kuro Zed a while ago. Got a pretty good correction on it too.

I use blackfire on my Azure Zed, it normally looks good. You really can't beat the blackfire tyre gel! :teeth:

Good job mate.

Might have to blag you to come and do mine when you get the Megs G220 as I've been contemplating buying one but dont reaally have the need as I have some swirling but I dont think I'd get my money's worth out of a G220.

Also, you need to get down to the Reading Jap Meets. Every second Tues of the month (just missed this months!). We had 4 350z-uk'ers last time, need to grow it though. Perfect as the weather gets better to get out and meet fellow members :thumbs:

Great job mate!! The picture of the reflection is awesome!! Got my G220 a couple of weeks ago. Haven't tried it on the Z yet as the paint is so thin and it goes in the shop soon anyway but tried it on my other car and the g.friends car and they've come up a treat. :)

missed the grill though ;)

Just waiting on a delivery of 303 Aerospace Protectant before I can do the grill and other exterior plastics ;)

With regard to the polishing and "anorexic" paint, will be tackling this with Lake Country polishing pads (moving to light cut pads only if required), and on the advice of Rich at PolishedBliss old school Menzerna polishes (Intensive / Final Finish II) to keep the level of 'cut' relatively low and ensure the risk of marring is minimised.

Chris - I went to the Reading Jap meet a couple of years ago (when I had an Impreza P1) ... might pop-along again some time.