permanent 12v+ live

GIXXERUK

Guest prescience
cigarette lighter? is ignition controlled

Not doubting you but are you quite certain? Granted it was a while ago but pretty sure when I had my Origin B2 wired into the ashtray from the front cig. lighter it was on w/out the ignition. Sure you've checked this out though :blush:

cigarette lighter? is ignition controlled

Not doubting you but are you quite certain? Granted it was a while ago but pretty sure when I had my Origin B2 wired into the ashtray from the front cig. lighter it was on w/out the ignition. Sure you've checked this out though :blush:

yeah my snooper is plugged into it and it comes on with the ignition :headhurt:

i'll check its not negative switched now though :thumbs:

Which side of the dash area? I ask as there are permenant live and ground wires running up the passenger A-pillar for the dome lights. Cant remember the colours but can get hold of them if you like :thumbs:

Next choice is to take it from the headunit feed. Always an easy to find wire with a voltmeter :)

Which side of the dash area? I ask as there are permenant live and ground wires running up the passenger A-pillar for the dome lights. Cant remember the colours but can get hold of them if you like :thumbs:

Next choice is to take it from the headunit feed. Always an easy to find wire with a voltmeter :)

interior lights on the a pillar would be ideal :thumbs:

I'll rip the pillar cover off later and take a look. It has a permenant live, permenant ground and switched ground for when the doors are open. All easily accessable, I'm using them for my footwell lighting when I get around to finishing it! :thumbs:

Guest prescience

I'll rip the pillar cover off later and take a look. It has a permenant live, permenant ground and switched ground for when the doors are open. All easily accessable, I'm using them for my footwell lighting when I get around to finishing it! :thumbs:

Nice one :thumbs: This info will help quite a few more peeps in the future :thumbs:

B) thats what i'm doing

theres a connector behind the A pillar that has 3 wires, black, pink, red and black

the red and black is a permanent live

cheers chris

That's really helpful information. If I wanted to use this to feed a spare power supply in the front, would the black wire give me an earth?

theres a connector behind the A pillar that has 3 wires, black, pink, red and black

cheers chris

That's really helpful information. If I wanted to use this to feed a spare power supply in the front, would the black wire give me an earth?

I didnt check the black wire jim but you can take an earth from anywhere (eg. the power supply at the front) or just take it straight to the bodywork

cheers chris

I didnt check the black wire jim but you can take an earth from anywhere (eg. the power supply at the front) or just take it straight to the bodywork

I beleive, but you better test with a voltmeter, that red is perm live, black is perm ground and pink is switched ground controlled by the Body Control Module (BMC) which turns the lights on with things like open door, unlock car etc. I'd check in the Service Manual (download in FAQ section) as to what can be driven from it as I'm unsure as to what it is fused with. Footwell lighting like I'm doing with LEDs is generally safe as they pull next to no power :)

cheers chris

I beleive, but you better test with a voltmeter, that red is perm live, black is perm ground and pink is switched ground controlled by the Body Control Module (BMC) which turns the lights on with things like open door, unlock car etc. I'd check in the Service Manual (download in FAQ section) as to what can be driven from it as I'm unsure as to what it is fused with. Footwell lighting like I'm doing with LEDs is generally safe as they pull next to no power :)

the red wire is red and black on mine which is a perm live, to do the footwell lighting connect the live to the red and black and the neg to the switched earth on the pink :thumbs:

will take some pics when it goes dark :blush: