Air filter replacement. Not having any luck :-(

Shep1982

Hi, 

I have fitted my mishimoto post maf silicon tubes. Before anyone says anything it's mainly for look not performance haha.! Anyway I never realised how hard it was to buy replacement panal filters. I currently have stock so wanted performance ones.  firstly tried jetex so ordered and paid to be told after it would take a week to get them. Then they contacted me again and said another 3 days ontop.! I requested a refund. Then tried ITG who said it will take 3 weeks so I didn't use them. Then called pipercross who said next day delivery. BARGAIN I thought. They arrived the next day but to my annoyance they do not fit. There the correct part numbers but there just slightly to big so you can't close the clips. I'm sending back for a refund. Now I'm really angry, how hard is it to get filters!!! Can anyone recommend decent performance panel filters that 1,  I won't have to wait weeks for and 2,  actually fit nicely. I've heard cosworth but there's are only limited for one year before needing to replace so pointless. That only leaves two. K&n and HKS. Is anyone using the K&n if so are they any good and do they fit fine. Same question for the HKS.

Regards

Edited by Shep1982

The reason I want performance drop ins is after my service in January I'm going to book a remap with either Horsham or Abbey and want to get the most out as I have an aftermarket exhaust already and was informed the performance filters will help with remap by a friend who modifies all his cars for a l although not zeds poor lad has no taste haha. His comments were every little helps when performing a remap as it brings all the components/parts together no matter how minimal. However if there not going to do anything then I'll just stick with the paper. Although was thinking HKS as there non oiled after just reading about potential maf issues, whether proven or not I'd rather not take the risk with oiled now. 

Thankyou for responding though. I may end up leaving the paper filters but would like to look into the hks ones first if anyone has any opinion on them :-) 

Nah got them straight from the pipercross shop in UK. Had a couple of people try to fit them including me as I just needed to check I wasn't being completely thick lmao no matter how much we tried we just couldn't get the clips to close as the fitment wasn't right. They were slightly to large only by about a few mm all the way round but it was enough to stop them from fitting. Those HKS ones on your site. It states 350z HR. Does the HR have the same fitment as the 370z? What are the postage times?  Im off for the night as me misses is moaning I've been on here too long lmao but I'll reply tomorrow. 

Regards

• 3 weeks later...