Standard brakes - Ferodo DS2500 - DUST ?????

M350ZB

Might seem bit of a daft question but just looking at my wheels this morning when leaving for work, i cant belive how much brake dust there is on the wheels, also noticing the discs allways go a rusty kind of colour when sitting there for a while, anyone know why ?, My MG ZR never gets to this rusty sort of colour, and are the nissan standard pads common for brake dust or just mine ?

Right got me self some Ferodo DS2500 Pads from big phil (ESR), fitting them thursday !, what are these like for brake dust, surely gotta be alot better than the standard ones ? Does anyone else suffer from the same sort of probs or ?

Might seem bit of a daft question but just looking at my wheels this morning when leaving for work, i cant belive how much brake dust there is on the wheels, also noticing the discs allways go a rusty kind of colour when sitting there for a while, anyone know why ?, My MG ZR never gets to this rusty sort of colour, and are the nissan standard pads common for brake dust or just mine ?

Right got me self some Ferodo DS2500 Pads from big phil (ESR), fitting them thursday !, what are these like for brake dust, surely gotta be alot better than the standard ones ? Does anyone else suffer from the same sort of probs or ?

I have always had loads of dust from the OEM pads. Replaced them with Mintex Xtreme pads and noticed a considerable reduction. IIRC Ferodos do produce a lot of dust but I'm happy to be corrected.

• 5 weeks later...

From what I have seen and heard, the Performance Friction ones are even better on dust.

As for the colouring, that is just where water is splashing on the disks when it is raining and the car isn't being used. You probably never saw it on the MG as the brakes discs weren't big enough to see it!!