windows 10 tablet installation

andybp

So I've been planning this for some time but have been keeping my eye out for a cheap centre console rather than butcher mine but I'm just not willing to pay stupid money for a bit of plastic but being a bit bored today because of the rain I decided to just get on with it.

so what do you get if you mix these items with fibreglass and body filler ?

IMG_20170910_162111.jpg.6d4c081b13bdd9e0250944363d6a0f9d.jpg

IMG_20170910_162129.jpg.48d920344f977bce27dad59774d452aa.jpg

hopefully something not too embarassing to show.

IMG_20170910_163056.jpg.e3fd41c0370f48aa381b1528f0636f95.jpg

as you can see I've already removed the back cover to gain access to the power and volume buttons so I can put in external ones

only started this an hour ago so I haven't achieved an awful lot yet.

:)

• Like 1

A couple of things I forgot the tablet is a windows 10  10 inch with a dual core processor nothing special and I'm hoping to use the steering wheel controls for volume and power button and obviously I lied about the ironing, I'm a man god damn it..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, SuperStu said:

You’ve changed Andy, you won’t be happy when it’s all in one piece, nothing to work on :lol:

ok you were right I couldn't leave it like that so this is the actual final version

IMG_20171001_153911.jpg.adbff7c2f8319ffb8b5f98cd1626fd85.jpg

IMG_20171001_154135.jpg.08fc24250ff112be22c22b1c476cd76b.jpg

I've fitted a small small amplifier with a bluetooth reciever built in and connected it to the bose amp thats all working fine I now just need to get on with installing the tablet and connecting the steering wheel controls for which I need to build a small decoder as they use the standard resistor type setup which means there are only 3 wires for effectivly 6 switches

25 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

Nice work mate, looks OEM+

At least with the repainting you can do the scratches on the gear surround section at the same time, nice consistent finish all over.

you're right I should be positive about it and take the opportunity to bring the rest of my interior up to scratch  

got the software mostly sorted making tuning the car on the road much easier

20171007_164435.thumb.jpg.c15d876af388d8272dcb70eb5b4d3752.jpg

also when the gauges go back in the digital one which shows fuel consumption etc is being replaced with a digital afr gauge I'm making will add a little write up when i get the time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1-10-2017 at 18:39, andybp said:

I've fitted a small small amplifier with a bluetooth reciever built in and connected it to the bose amp thats all working fine I now

Hi Andy,

Wich small amplifier did you use and how did you connect it to the Bose amp? Just bought a 8.9 inch pipo x9s and want to built it in to the car for tuning, music and digital dashboard. Am now using a 10inch tablet as mentioned earlier but this doesn't work for me anymore :-)

Thanks, you connected the amp to the standard Bose amp I guess? I have the car manual so think the wiring diagram is in it, I hope :D

Will get to it when the pipo is in. Can take me some time to get it al sorted, but will let you know/see when it al works.

Keep up the good work with al your modding :thumbs: