Sourcing an Engine for the Zed

GaryStewart8115

Hey Guys!

I have been trying to source an engine for the Zed - I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as where to find a cheapish one (cheapest i have seen is £2,500 on ebay, thich i think is quite good...).

Big end has sheered in half and Cylinder (sp?) Head Block is buggered, pistons 5 and 6 have also been starved of oil - apparently i can buy the small block (no idea what this is) for the engine and it may be fine, but there is no guarantee as they think metal shards may have sprayed throughout the whole engine, so they recommend that i just buy a new engine (and nissan want 10,000 for one :blackeye: )

Another question that i have is - Will i be able to sell anything from my current (broken) engine? - I have already spent a load of money on a clutch, flywheel and new bodykit for the car and ive recently paid for alot of things so funds are a bit low atm - wanna get this done for as cheap as i possibly can haha...

Any help would be appreciated guys

Thanks in advance

Gary

Hey Andy!

Im in Glasgow, Scotland

I have no idea - i do thrash my car quite a bit, but i didnt think that would have done it... they are telling me it was because of lack of oil, but i always top it up and t he oil was between min and max before they took the engine apart...

Warranty wont pay for it because i have done 39,000miles on the car, and the service was due at 36,000... i thought they were having a laugh!

Gary

Hi Gary,

Sorry to here of your misfortune.

I have a spare complete engine which has only done 15,000 miles.

I am also local, just up the road in Perth.

Cheers,

Alex.

handy :)

you a breakers yard Alex.

No Mike, not a breakers yard, just accumulated loadsa Z stuff over the years and having a bit of a clear out.

Cheers,

Alex.

A bit of a Zed aficionado, aren't you Alex? Welcome aboard, mate, good to see you here. Why don't you do the proper intro stuff and tell everyone about your mega-Zed - is it just one now? :thumbs:

A bit of a Zed aficionado, aren't you Alex? Welcome aboard, mate, good to see you here. Why don't you do the proper intro stuff and tell everyone about your mega-Zed - is it just one now? :thumbs:

Hi Digsy,

Cheers mate, yeah will do the proper intro stuff when I have a mo.

I just wanted to help Gary out with his blown engine issues.

Yip, only the one Zed at the mo, sold the Purple Sumo car on P.H. a few weeks ago.

Cheers,

Alex.

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to post a public Thank You to Alex for sorting me out with an engine today.

Picked it up tonight at around 8pm and the guy couldnt be more welcoming and/or helpful!

Thanks alot mate, hopefully ill see more of you in the future! (and maybe get to plant my ass in the passenger seat of that beast of a Zed of yours :yahoo: )

Thanks Again

Gary

Alright Alex, sounds like you have a right few stories to tell, any chance of telling us all what you replaced your Z engine with, or at least why you have a spare?

Yeah mate got loadsa stories to tell.

I am running a 600 bhp 350Z HKS TT Roadster that I have owned for 3 years but more of that later once I have done a proper intro.

I recently sold my other Zed, the Purple Sumo car that I owned for about 1 year, like wise more later..........

Cheers,

Alex.

Alright Alex, sounds like you have a right few stories to tell, any chance of telling us all what you replaced your Z engine with, or at least why you have a spare?

I am running a 600 bhp 350Z HKS TT Roadster that I have owned for 3 years but more of that later once I have done a proper intro.

I recently sold my other Zed, the Purple Sumo car that I owned for about 1 year, like wise more later..........

Cheers,

Alex.

Blue and at Knockhill from time to time? ... :thumbs:

Cheers,

Alex.

Blue and at Knockhill from time to time? ... :thumbs:

That would be me :teeth::thumbs:

I'll have to look out for it. I'll be in Perth next weekend sorting out my motorbike!

What kinda bike you gettin matey?

I just bought a new Isle Of Man TT Edition GSXR 750 and i am pickin it up next week from edinburgh, cant wait!!!

Nice to see fellow bikers on car boards too haha

Gary

I'll have to look out for it. I'll be in Perth next weekend sorting out my motorbike!

What kinda bike you gettin matey?

I just bought a new Isle Of Man TT Edition GSXR 750 and i am pickin it up next week from edinburgh, cant wait!!!

Nice to see fellow bikers on car boards too haha

Gary

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12582

Here is the thread.

There are quite a few bikers on here. There was a thread not too long ago with loads of pics of members bikes.