First detail with my new DA

LRF4N

I hose my mitt down before reapplying shampoo as it's more effective than shaking it in a bucket of water

Then when I wash I try not no let the same bit of the mitt contact more than once. I even rotate it as I move to avoid dragging dirt across the paint

I don't know what else to try to avoid them lol

17 hours ago, coldel said:

My black Zed was horrendous for it - Wasso spent 7 hours on mine then a few weeks later and any tiny minor abrasion showed up like a christmas tree! Black looks fantastic when polished, but it only lasts a few days!

PS, suds do not mean anything in terms of car cleaning, I use Bathe+ which is by far the best shampoo I have ever used and it is pretty much sudless. 

Always thought having more suds ment less force being used in contact with mit to dirt meaning less scratching. 

3 minutes ago, PPod said:

Always thought having more suds ment less force being used in contact with mit to dirt meaning less scratching. 

Nope, more suds means more foaming agent taking up space in the bottle, if anything at all.

Lubricants are what you're after for a safe wash, which Bathe & Bathe+ have plenty of. Most people like suds because it convinced them the shampoo is doing something but they're there purely for aesthetics.

• Like 1