Colin747

Bumper panel gap

8 posts in this topic

My 350Z has a larger gap on one side than the other, what would need to be done to fix this?

rDS28njl.jpg

UCN2Ojal.jpg

oX8QwOQl.jpg

drill a hole and cable tie for JDM points....

but seriously there is 2 bolts and a few clips around there that hold it up, one of the bolts may have come undone or one of the clips may have broken, pull the arch liner and have a look to see if anything looks loose or fallen off would be the first thing id check.

Cheers, will check that first. Wasn't sure what the best way to approach it was, whether I'd have to take more off than just the arch liner etc.

I was worried that what looks like a metal lip on the wing had got bent as you can sort of see in the last photo and that was why it was hanging down.

Edited by Colin747

The clips are just a plastic which the bolt/screw can't remember makes its own thread. They can easily strip after being take on and off a few times. I replaced mine with stainless nuts & bolts when they gave up holding the bumper tight.

• Like 1

Thanks, you don't happen to have the size to hand? I think I'd like to replace them while I'm at it.

Can't remember off the top of my head, I sure it was either M4 or M6. It was fiddly I remember that much :lol: 

• Like 1

I had this - The metal part of the bumper was sitting proud like on yours (circled below) so I had to flatten this out, then also try to bend the arms that the bumper sits on back up slightly (as I stupidly left it hanging over night and it dropped as a result).

Don't tighten the up fully until the weight of the bumper is nicely distributed also..

Mine's nice and flush now, took some gentle persuasion, second pair of hands and patience to get it back though!

image.png.4ceb20b52932823fa80779b3a9a0057c.png

• Like 1

PM Zmanalex for spares. Member trader on here.