Welding diff

Alangorst

4 hours ago, Alangorst said:

Thanks for your reply bud I've been in contact with a guy on the Facebook page for 350/370z owners and I think I have the information I need :) 

Cool... Please share for the others interested 

I had a welded auto diff in the mold s14, theyre quite hillarious, the looks you get when doing small manouvers is funny as duck 

I imagine with the Z though due to the TCS etc it may not be to happy about this but there must be some way to disable it completely as when its off by the button its not truley off maybe with the uprev software ?

Karl

I'd have thought the button was enough. I assume if there was any added benefit it would only be on the track. I remember driving a s14 with a welded diff and going round tight corners/coming out of junctions was a nightmare. I wouldn't want it on a daily

Edited by Cro

If I turn off tcs off at the button the car still doesn't like some things such as heavy left foot breaking so when I really want to play I've been disconnecting my brake pedal switch which lights up my dash like a Christmas tree and disables my brake lights also ( which isn't too handy) so I was more looking for a way to play but still have brake lights and it turns out best way to do this is seemingly removing the 50 amp in the engine bay as the video above also stated :) all private road / land use obviously. I've drove a s13 with a welded diff so know what they are like in town etc but tbh I'm not to fussed on this and my car is already not the nicest thing to drive around town due to a ultra light weight flywheel and 6 puk sprung paddle clutch :(