Long Tube Headers/Manifold

retro_al

They are more popular in the states because like every other high end part they cost so much less there than they do in the UK!!

I think my PPE manifolds are a big part of my car making 343bhp and with good flat torque too, so they are one of the best things you can do to our cars.

Regarding install, I think the Zed is one of the easiest cars I've ever worked on. It's not a hard job its a big job! Support the engine and drop the front subframe inc engine mounts and you can access everything you need to swap them out.

This is my build showing manifolds from post #69

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

They are more popular in the states because like every other high end part they cost so much less there than they do in the UK!!

I think my PPE manifolds are a big part of my car making 343bhp and with good flat torque too, so they are one of the best things you can do to our cars.

Regarding install, I think the Zed is one of the easiest cars I've ever worked on. It's not a hard job its a big job! Support the engine and drop the front subframe inc engine mounts and you can access everything you need to swap them out.

This is my build showing manifolds from post #69

Couldn't agree more. Price of exhausts in Japan and USA have dropped massively in the past 2 years. I was shocked what you can buy on Nengun for £500. But of course, shipping and duty ruin it. 

Prices here have have gone up substantially. An ark costs what a motordyne did a couple of years ago. Invidia has gone up £200 too. 

7 hours ago, Kev said:

Couldn't agree more. Price of exhausts in Japan and USA have dropped massively in the past 2 years. I was shocked what you can buy on Nengun for £500. But of course, shipping and duty ruin it. 

Prices here have have gone up substantially. An ark costs what a motordyne did a couple of years ago. Invidia has gone up £200 too. 

Even with taxes and import duties, the prices are still generally cheaper than whats offered by UK suppliers and even forum traders.

I saved around £600 by importing my full Tomei setup from the US and Japan over buying it in the UK :)

• Like 2

I've had mixed results with going through traders or going direct to manufacturers in the States so its well worth doing your homework both ways to get the best price.

My manifolds I ordered direct from PPE as at the time the trader wanted hundreds of quid more for them, then had the front to send me a moody email saying "I know you've gone direct to them!"..............I don't mind anyone making some money for a service but not when they're taking the p

So retro_al are you going for these? Are you DE or HR? You wont be disappointed if you do

• Like 1

I didn't even look on eBay for manifolds when I was making a decision. I'm confident that anything on there will be poor quality and certainly untested for any true gains. 

I think the PPE's are as good as they get and you can order them direct on their website. Might be worth dropping them a mail first though,  Paul Prentis was a great guy to deal with when I ordered mine and kept me informed from start to finish and went out of his way to find me the best deal on shipping when they were ready. 

Keep us informed with what you go for.