Steering rack replaced and throwing VDC/Slip!

Alangorst

Hi all recently changed all my front suspension (like everything) fitted another steering rack along with tien extended arms and track rod ends. The steering rack was centred etc but first outing it flung on the vdc and slip light I thought this was down to it not being tracked, just went and got it tracked and everything is straight but it's still throwing these lights on does anyone have any ideas why? Could it be a bad abs sensor as I replaced these also.

Cars a 2002 import.

Thanks alan

It's the ABS sensors. Nowt to do with tyres at all.

He said he's changed them, and when my car had these symptoms (from the previous owner, who also assumed it was an ABS sensor), it was because the tyres were the wrong size. I never changed any ABS sensors, but I did put stock tyres on stock wheels and the problem went away instantly. Now, if he'd said that this suddenly happened out of nowhere, of course it wouldn't be a logical suggestion, but since he's changed everything under the car, logical to assume tyres, too, no?

Edited by Aashenfox

They were second hand bud they came off my donar car, only reason I didn't use my own was because the brackets on the other ones were powered coated green and I couldn't be bothered to swap the brackets over.

And is it throwing a CEL as well as the VDC/Slip lights?

Sorry that was my edit of the title on the "throughing lights", will correct.

For once I wasn't taking the mickey, I genuinely wondered if it was illuminating the CEL as well as the other lights! :lol: