Studio pictures...

sl114

I decided to take some pictures down in the studio at work on Friday, mainly of the band "One Republic" who came in, however i cant put them up on here yet, i will post a link once i have them up on the site and they are all signed off - yes it is anal like that.

However i thought i would share these with you all as i am really proud of them and you all know i like to show off, so here you go..

n513037364_348412_8601.jpg

n513037364_348413_8940.jpg

n513037364_348414_9196.jpg

n513037364_348415_9510.jpg

n513037364_348416_9792.jpg

n513037364_348417_74.jpg

n513037364_348418_346.jpg

n513037364_348419_774.jpg

n513037364_348420_1041.jpg

n513037364_348421_1328.jpg

n513037364_348422_1599.jpg

n513037364_348423_1866.jpg

n513037364_348424_2138.jpg

n513037364_348425_2435.jpg

n513037364_348426_2720.jpg

just came up as loads of question marks cant view :blush:

:thumbs: I can see them Jay - fire and wall come to mind?

Interesting and excellent shots Louis - its like going back 80+ years when all photos were Sepia - and, no I ain't that old :wacko:

Thanks mate, im just trying out my photo skills again and getting into the studio for work, it splits up a friday afternoon nicely.

I also took this one when the band were on, which i shouldnt put up yet, but i love it.

DSC_0106.jpg

Cheers guys, i actually had a long chat before with my new developer who does photography and he explained a lot, most of which i used to take these pictures.

Its actually quite easy once the theory is explained in idiot terms :teeth:

Cheers guys, i actually had a long chat before with my new developer who does photography and he explained a lot, most of which i used to take these pictures.

Come on then, spill the beans, what did you learn? :teeth:

ISO, shutter speed and f-stops, how they are interrelated. :teeth:

Or something to that effect.

All photos were taken in manual as i cant stand auto now :D

Good man. Were you in true manual or just programme? True manual you have to tell it everything (i.e. ISO, shutter, apature), in programme you can adjust each yourself, but it will compensate the others to give a correctly exposed image. I tend not to use true manual as its too much fiddling. I like to just change the timing or apature but not have to worry about it not being exposed properly :thumbs:

Good man. Were you in true manual or just programme? True manual you have to tell it everything (i.e. ISO, shutter, apature), in programme you can adjust each yourself, but it will compensate the others to give a correctly exposed image. I tend not to use true manual as its too much fiddling. I like to just change the timing or apature but not have to worry about it not being exposed properly :thumbs:

Not sure, was "M" mode on the D40. I expect that as i changed ISO, shutter and apature and the others did not change to compensate it was true manual? I also used the metering properly for once :thumbs:

Not sure, was "M" mode on the D40. I expect that as i changed ISO, shutter and apature and the others did not change to compensate it was true manual? I also used the metering properly for once :thumbs:

Sounds like true manual - good man :thumbs:

Nice to use for artistic shots when you have the setup time, not so good for motorsport shots ;)

There was no set up time annoyingly as i had to just get in there, snap and not get in the way of moving cameras. It was mad, however i did manage to make sure the settings were correct by trial and error to start with. :teeth:

i did manage to make sure the settings were correct by trial and error to start with. :teeth:

That is your setup time ;)

Ahh i see, then yes i had set up time. How doesit work with Motorsports? Cant you set up before with warm ups etc?

i did manage to make sure the settings were correct by trial and error to start with. :teeth:

That is your setup time ;)

Ahh i see, then yes i had set up time. How doesit work with Motorsports? Cant you set up before with warm ups etc?

Sometimes but not always. If weather conditions change, it doesnt always give you much time to tweak the settings too much, so I prefer to use programme mode so I can play with something like shutter speed and it does the rest. All personal preference at the end of the day. :thumbs:

Ahh i see, sorry it probably comes across as i am criticising how you take pictures, i am not, just trying to see how to adapt to different environments.

What is the programme mode? Is that "p"?

No offence taken mate, I'm just pointing out the pros and cons of each. I'm impressed that you use Manual, I cant ever be arsed :teeth: "P" most likely is Programme. Its pretty much the same except you just change one of the settings, so focus on changing f-stop or timing and it takes care of the rest :thumbs: