New tax on our cars

Zedrush

Guest prescience

Nope, all cars registered after 1 March 2001 - so a retrospective change.

Zs registered before 23 March 2006 go £210 now to £440 in 09-10 and £455 in 10-11

Zs registered after 23 March 2006 go £400 now to £440 in 09-10 and £455 in 10-11

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zs registered before 23 March 2006 go £210 now to £440 in 09-10 and £455 in 10-11

Zs registered after 23 March 2006 go £400 now to £440 in 09-10 and £455 in 10-11

so we have to pay 440 road tax on 55 ? :scare::scare::scare::rant::rant::rant:

Guest prescience

so we have to pay 440 road tax on 55 ? :scare::scare::scare::rant::rant::rant:

From next year, correct

B*lloCK C&^K S^CKI&G W&NK$RS OF A F^&KING SH!!%TTY GOVERNMENT< F&*KING H%TE THIS G&DDAMN F&C(KING COUNTRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::bang::bang::bang::bang::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::angry: F&^KING F^&*@ WITS &*((*(*( TONY F*&&KING BLAIR AND GORDAN THE T)SSPOTT BROWN :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Guest prescience
B*lloCK C&^K S^CKI&G W&NK$RS OF A F^&KING SH!!%TTY GOVERNMENT< F&*KING H%TE THIS G&DDAMN F&C(KING COUNTRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::bang::bang::bang::bang::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::angry: F&^KING F^&*@ WITS &*((*(*( TONY F*&&KING BLAIR AND GORDAN THE T)SSPOTT BROWN :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Not happy then :lol:

For the record, the Zs road tax went up a whacking 109% in 1 year; retrospective changes as has been noted elswhere, are not on because you can't do anything to reduce your emissions except sell the car and buy another. For a new car, you at least have control over whether to buy it or not in the first place

Not happy then :lol:

For the record, the Zs road tax went up a whacking 109% in 1 year; retrospective changes as has been noted elswhere, are not on because you can't do anything to reduce your emissions except sell the car and buy another. For a new car, you at least have control over whether to buy it or not in the first place

Do you mean when you are buying a new car or an actual new car? be that second hand or not?

How could you tell? :blush:

Its bloody stealth tax, I hate Labour, screw em, they got this country in a right state, we are in debt, so now they tax us more to pay for their c*ck up... will the last person in Britain please turn off the lights :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Guest prescience

Do you mean when you are buying a new car or an actual new car? be that second hand or not?

Either, if you don't like the new tax cost which has been imposed on your current car, the only way you can reduce your tax burden is to sell the car and buy one in a lower tax bracket. If the car you replace it with also happens to be new, you are hit additionally with a 'new car, first year' tax rate which offsets any saving you have made. The saving is made in full in later years.

I need a rant....:rant:

If you drive a gas guzzler (to quote the government) you have to pay a higher and higher road tax.

1. Now what if you only drive it 1000-2000 miles per annum, hardly fair.

2. We are spending £2Billion, that's a "B" not a "M" on frontline troops fighting other countries wars. Now I don't think that the Challenger 2 tank is the most enviomentally friendliest modes of transport...do the government pay the tax on those...

3. This whole environment scam is a joke. The UK on a global size for pollution is miniscule. Are we single handedly changing the future of our world with our small emmissions cars...nope, we won't make a dent.

The only benefit, and it's a small one is that the price of second hand gas guzzlers after 2010 should be good as you'll not need to fork out £950 on showroom tax... showroom tax! ! ! what sort of name is that, next we'll get "looking at price tax".

Rant over... for now

Either, if you don't like the new tax cost which has been imposed on your current car, the only way you can reduce your tax burden is to sell the car and buy one in a lower tax bracket. If the car you replace it with also happens to be new, you are hit additionally with a 'new car, first year' tax rate which offsets any saving you have made. The saving is made in full in later years.

Called it showroom tax on the radio, they make up tax's as they go along. What next Ultra Yellow Tax, Nismo Tax...............?? :rant::rant:

Guest prescience

Basing it on usage is inherently so much fairer I agree. The problem is how do you manage it. If you rely on speedo readings taken by some third party (or at MoT), there's a cost and the system is open to massive abuse with clocking. I doubt anyone wants to go down the route where there is a massive 'industry' clocking cars and you have little idea if the second hand mileage is genuine.

The other option is 'spy in the cabin' technology with all the implications for speeding information etc which that would provide and there would be an enormous refit cost which no doubt the motorist would have to bear, the argument being if you want the lower tax based on mileage, you pay for the equipment to provide us the evidence.

The problem is now this new regime is in place, the hard yards have been done and no future administration will revoke it - in fact it will be bolstered with even higher taxes IMO

Of course the obvious answer which I've missed is to do away with road tax altogether and integrate into fuel prices :blush:

As much as I detest this government and it's anti car policies, I for one won't change my desire to drive a "gass guzzler". I havn't worked all my life to be deprived of the one thing that give me the most pleasure and if it means buying a used high performance vehicle instead of a new one, then so be it. :rant: over.

As much as I detest this government and it's anti car policies, I for one won't change my desire to drive a "gass guzzler". I havn't worked all my life to be deprived of the one thing that give me the most pleasure and if it means buying a used high performance vehicle instead of a new one, then so be it. :rant: over.

+1 Im with you on that pal :rant:

Of course the obvious answer which I've missed is to do away with road tax altogether and integrate into fuel prices :blush:
Or away with it and just have toll roads for major A roads to motorways.So reduce car tax to a sensible amount for users, basically what it was before all this band G rubbish, then just tax people when they are using certain roads for commuting. For that angle i see the congestion charge (not the cost, just the idea) as a good idea as those people who use those areas should pay to use it if they are commuting. However the government should not penalise those who only use their cars as a secondary means of transport.

+1 :thumbs:

Just discussing it here, and as janice said, "I'll be damned if some politician is gonna tell me what i can and can't drive"

Like has been mentioned, i wouldnt complain if they abolished road tax and put on petrol, then no one can get out of paying it

Anybody reckon all those halfwits in westminster will be swapping there big jags etc for the likes of prius, and other hybrid crap.........i don't!!!

Dave,

who will still own one day, an audi quattro, skyline, and anything i fancy especially if i can find an ecomentalist to pi$$ off!!!!

Im actually in the camp that beleives CO2 emissions have three tenths of bugger all to do with global warming.

Any scientists that try to prove this are all but branded as heretics. If there were any proof to come out that human generated CO2 is not as damaging as we all thought, the entire green industry would be blown to bits, making hundreds of thousands of people around the globe redundant, wiping billions of pounds/dollars worth of value from companies that have invested in "green" measures etc.

So whether its true or not, this green bandwagon is here to stay.

Apparently the earth is now at its warmest for 400 years. Which begs the question as to what made it warmer 400 years ago? I dont recall reading about King James the firsts nasty CO2 generating V6 twin turbo, and the peasants runing filthy diesel generators but I could have skimmed that chapter I suppose.

Some scientist has linked modern CO2 to the change in climate and the governments have pounced on the opportunity to make billions in revenue. :rant:

Here, here!!! It's more about control & communism, given it's Labour in power, we've got the same rubbish going on down under. I wonder if we can be blamed for the ice age as well, retrospectively, of course. :lol:

We need to stand our ground, and stop letting them try to manipulate us as such, with all the rubbish laws that keep being passed. Isn't usually midnight they pass these kind of laws. ;):angry::rant:

Just had the first rant of the day from my other half. someone has told him my car tax is going to be a grand and so he has instructed me to sell it! I told him that firstly he was wrong - but that if it ever does get to a grand then I won't sell my car until he stops spending 2 grand a year on cigs!!!! His typically male answer "but i've always smoked!" - tosser!

Guest prescience
whats the biggest engine I can get hich is pre 2001 which has really high emissions?

challenger-firing.jpg

High emissions from rear AND front :thumbs: