New tax on our cars

Zedrush

whats the biggest engine I can get hich is pre 2001 which has really high emissions?

You could consider an old Jaguar XJS with the 6.0 litre V12 block. Get one old enough and it will even qualify as a classic car and you'd pay no road tax whatsoever!

Two fingers to Brown and Darling! :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually in the camp that beleives CO2 emissions have three tenths of bugger all to do with global warming.

Any scientists that try to prove this are all but branded as heretics. If there were any proof to come out tht human generated CO2 is not as damaging as we all thought, the entire green industry woul be blown to bits, making hundreds of thousands of people around the globe redundant, wiping billions of pounds/dollars worth of value from companies that have invested in "green" measures etc.

So whether its true or not, this green bandwagon is here to stay.

Apparently the earth is now at its warmest for 400 years. Which begs the question as to what made it warmer 400 years ago? I dont recall reading about King James the firsts nasty CO2 generating V6 twin turbo, and the peasants runing filthy diesel generators but I could have skimmed that chapter I suppose.

Some scientist has linked modern CO2 to the change in climate and the governments have pounced on the opportunity to make billions in revenue. :rant:

The current CO2 level in our atmosphere is 377 parts per million. This is a decidedly average figure, in the Earths past it has been as high as 700 parts per million and even this level had no descernible effect on the climate. Global warming is a natural phenomenon that is beyond our current influence or control, and to blame motor cars is just a sham. It's nothing more than an excuse to justify increased fuel duty and emmission taxation.

Do you know what else. I saw on the news today that teh peat boxs in the Peak district (I think) are giving off twice (yes twice) as much CO2 as all of our UK flight put togther atm. They say that the problem is the peat absorbs CO2, but when exposed it releases it again and loads of it is dying and being exposed. Do they not think it would be better to work out why the hell its dying and stop it>!?!?!?!?!?!

Can watch the report on BBC News. Havent been able to find it in readble form.

Right ok, can some explain something to me please .... ok the governments aim is to clean up the country in terms of emissions. - which is fair enough, if u want to have a big engined car, that produces many emissions you have to pay for it. - Thats my reasoning, which i can stand buy.

Quote on tax in 2010:

Peugeot 106 1.6 - £310

Seat 1.6 Sport - £270

Ferrari F40 - £200

1998 4.2 Audi S8 40v - £200

2000 4.6 Range Rover V8 - £200

If someone can justify this, i mean surely a new car has better technology including Cats, ecu's Lambda sensors, EGR valves .... Am i the only one that is confused. Are we going to see an influx of old cars that are probably running badly, burning oil.

a classic ford mustang (from the 70's perhaps, really old anyway) does about 9 mpg. the new 'stangs are more than twice as efficient with more power and performance.

car manufacturers are quickly improving fuel economy mainly due to government bullying, so i agree with you and would have thought that after all their efforts they would be given a bit of a break.