Remote control rear wiper?

blazemaguire

Anyone elses 350 ever done this? Lately, at random, when I unlock the car with the remote the rear wiper does a little wiggle every time I push the button?! It's like it's wagging it's tail for me when I come out to take it for a drive. Bizarre. But seriously, is this just me its happened to? Worried the electrical module that does the wipers might be playing up... Or have I discovered a hidden bug (feature?!) in Nissan's coding.

Edited by blazemaguire

Mine doesn't do that. Never heard of that before either. Today I drove a Mercedes A180 and that done a little toot when you locked it. I had to do it a few times for novelty value.

Thanks all. I don't think the cars ever been molested. I'm 3rd owner and it was completely stock when I got it. I've only added a new stereo and reversing camera.

I've now realised it only does it if Ive left the rear wiper switch in the on position when I park up and hit hadn't quite parked itself before turning the ignition off.

Can anyone else test if there's does the same thing in the same situation. Of all the problems you could have, I guess it's quite a minor one!

I would guess there could be several possible causes, and without seeing a circuit diagram I can only offer the following help.

Given that the wiper motor is a high current device it will probably be directly driven by a relay which in itself wouldn't be directly influenced by your remote.I would guess the motor relay would be driven by a cpu output.

If you leave the wiper mid travel and the rear wiper switch on when you switch the ignition off then I can only assume that operating the remote causes a transitory output from the cpu to momentarily operate the wiper motor driving relay.

This could possible be corrected by placing a small value capacitor (0.1Mf) on the output of the cpu but If it worked would only be masking the real problem. My first thought would be to check the earthing or ground connections around the relevant cpu.

The obvious answer though is to turn off your rear wiper properly before switching off the ignition

Im not a qualified electronics expert but know a little (a dangerous combination ha ha) so hope it helps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...