The one-millionth 911 rolls off the production line

NazMan

I'll never forgive the wife for making give up my one true love! :rant::lol:

Will I ever forgive mine for not letting me have one when I bought the DB9 ? ... no, not really - I should have been more assertive

• Like 1

Will I ever forgive mine for not letting me have one when I bought the DB9 ? ... no, not really - I should have been more assertive

:lol: :lol:

Years ago I part exchanged my 911sc for a Ferrari 308 and regretted it straight away, 6 months later that went so we could buy a new house...regretted that even quicker! Roll on twenty years and I have to resort to buying the E type one bolt at a time. :lol:

• Like 1

:lol: :lol:

Years ago I part exchanged my 911sc for a Ferrari 308 and regretted it straight away, 6 months later that went so we could buy a new house...regretted that even quicker! Roll on twenty years and I have to resort to buying the E type one bolt at a time. :lol:

As much as I admire you for the work you've done on the E-type, that car will never be as nice to drive as a modern 911 ... I had an E-type back in the day - lovely Midnight Blue with chrome wires and Dunlop narrow white walls, tinted windows, the lot ... then I almost lost it on a slow LH bend, in town, on dry roads ... I SH!T myself and sold it soon after !!!

The 911 ran faultlessly, the 308 spent more time on the back of a recovery truck. I think I'd built the whole Ferrari thing up that it didn't quite live up to the dream car I had in my head. It was slower than the 911, the gearchange was terrible the pedals offset so much you felt you were at a strange angle to name a few niggles. Don't get me wrong, I used to love the looks and sound of it but didn't fall in love with driving it. The annoying thing is they are worth a small fortune now.

The 355 I had later was a different matter altogether but it was financed to the hilt so that had to go too. :lol:

Edited by leonk
  • Like 1

Cars do get better as tech improves. When you look at simple things like how much power you can get from a front wheel drive car these days. I think really old top gear put a mondeo against a testarossa and the mondeo took it.

Cars do get better as tech improves. When you look at simple things like how much power you can get from a front wheel drive car these days. I think really old top gear put a mondeo against a testarossa and the mondeo took it.

df390698a46fb49f28220f601a56e707.jpg

83d9d816debe2fb19b7f65aad81826ba.jpg

(Obviously skewed and irrelevant, but memes :happy:)

Edited by Strudul

As much as I admire you for the work you've done on the E-type, that car will never be as nice to drive as a modern 911 ...

Funnily enough Hugh I very nearly bought a 997 even pestering Dan for advice. My problem is with work I never really got the chance to drive the Zed so a 997 would have sat there depreciating. One year I did 600 miles between mot's in the Zed.

For me part of the enjoyment of the E type is working on it. It's a form of therapy.

Would I buy another 911 though... definitely.

@Jay84

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/68166-major-jaaaag-project-update-april-2017-engine-pics/

Edited by leonk

But how do you chose which 911... is it primarily a budget oriented decision?

Ask Dan ... I just know I'm very happy with the one I've got and it still surprises me with its abilities on a daily basis