Careful when uploading pictures of your car from your phone

AliveBoy

And what about photos uploaded to this forum? Anyone tried that yet? :snack:

Mine are uploaded from photobucket so I assume that's safe but a very good reminder by Matt. Cheers :)

Yes but doesnt the forum allow people to upload attachments? in the My Media section? Its not something i've ever used so dont know.

Good point, never use it personally.

And what about photos uploaded to this forum? Anyone tried that yet? :snack:
I rarely do them directly to here, good shout.
Tried to view yours and it says there isnt any. Using this tool, do you see the exif data on your original file?http://www.verexif.com/en/ver.php

It seems if I upload from the Photos app (either on iOS or macOS) to the forum then it strips the geo info. The only way I could find to actually retain geo data was to send the photo from my phone to my Desktop via iCloud drive, then take that photo and upload it. Eliminating Photos app from the upload process. Then if I upload it, via Safari from my Desktop, the image posted on the forum contains geo data in the EXIF.

I can specifically set Photos app on macOS to include location data on export, but I have that turned off by default.