loop holes

stuey

If it was arrive alive you were probably caught from behind. Anyhow tell them they can't ban you as you are down for the Wales drive out. ;)

I requested 2 photos from them and both did not show the driver.But my wife at the time still paid the fine though i told her not too as they could not proove who was driving. :dry:

this weeks auto express pg45

" my company car was caught speeding but my wife and i genuinely couldnt remember who was driving so we contacted humberside police and requested photographic evidence.

But we were told we had no right to see the evidence, adding that giving false information could lead to six months inprisonment, i was not prepared to risk my freedom by guessing, so we have been fined £500 for failure to identify the driver, thankfully as the car is a leased car to my firm, no endorsement points could be added to either driving licence"

i always thought you were entitled to see the evidence :blush:

" my company car was caught speeding but my wife and i genuinely couldnt remember who was driving so we contacted humberside police and requested photographic evidence.

But we were told we had no right to see the evidence, adding that giving false information could lead to six months inprisonment, i was not prepared to risk my freedom by guessing, so we have been fined £500 for failure to identify the driver, thankfully as the car is a leased car to my firm, no endorsement points could be added to either driving licence"

I believe you are, but only if you start a plee.

+1

My understanding is they dont have to show it to you unless you have been summoned to court and are using it as your defense.

Dude same happened to me, I got my sister to take the points and said she was driving, anyone in your family will to say they were driving it, even if arnt insured she took the 3 points for me, I got caught 25 in a 30 zone :blush:

Also ask if camera was calibrated

Dude same happened to me, I got my sister to take the points and said she was driving, anyone in your family will to say they were driving it, even if arnt insured she took the 3 points for me, I got caught 25 in a 30 zone :blush:

25 in a 30!!!!!

You really are a granny driver ;):lol:

25 in a 30!!!!!

You really are a granny driver ;):lol:

:lol: sorry 35 typo :headhurt:

No, he said typo....25 in a 35!!! What were you/her doing, driving on the pavement in reverse?? :lol:

:ban::p

You will be driving that slow ;)

On a serious note, i would try to get someone else to take the points but obviously this is now a bad idea as this forum can be read by anyone! :doh:

No, he said typo....25 in a 35!!! What were you/her doing, driving on the pavement in reverse?? :lol:

On a serious note, i would try to get someone else to take the points but obviously this is now a bad idea as this forum can be read by anyone! :doh:

do they care ? if they are not willing to offer the evidence to so you can name the driver, that suggests to me that they just want the ££Â£'s and dont care if they get the culprit

do they care ? if they are not willing to offer the evidence to so you can name the driver, that suggests to me that they just want the ££Â£'s and dont care if they get the culprit

cant believe I am doing this... must resist... cant be seen to agree with Gixxer...

+1

damn it :headhurt:

Get the best motoring lawyer you can afford mate - with 9 points you are in dangerous waters and you don't want to do anything that might pile on the agony without knowing just what they have on you. :dry:

i think photograpic eviedence can only be viewed in court.............

Sorry stuey i requested the photographic evidence from arrive alive and got it. :thumbs:

how do you get in touch wiv them

Just wrote them a letter saying that could you send a photo as we could not tell you who was driving. They sent me one and we still could not tell :thumbs: Which is really what you want, if you have that then you may be able to work something out. ;)

3 commin off next month.......!! :yahoo:

not quite in time for wales though.

can't imagine how bad it would be to be constantly so close to losing license / job etc and having a car like a zed that asks for a thrashing. . .