Honest feedback please

heyho

I have just met up with Jords who is selling his Zed:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/115739-2004-350z-nismo-bodykit-upgrades/

To me the car is immaculate for its year and Jords has been very upfront on the issues the car has. As well as the ones listed in his post and the usual age related ones I picked up on the need to recondition the wheels (although this they are not really bad), the fact there is no evidence the clutch has had any work on it (replaced) and also the W? suspension (is that correct, it's the stuff behind the seats) needs replacing plus the front lights need buffering.

Being a noob could I ask peoples opinions of this car and the current asking price please.

By the way it was Jords who suggested I post this.

I'd say it's a nice car for the money (must add i've never seen the car in person so going on description and age etc), just factor in you 'may' need to replace the front discs and pads and a few sensors. With parts and labor you could be around £1000 depending what you use and if you can DIY it.

The W brace, you can get one from Alex or one of the traders on here if you want new about £240 for new plus fitting. Or some just take them off ?

Headlights, there are loads of guides to fix these so no real cost there just materials. A few sheets of wet and dry and some Lacquer £10 ish plus a couple of hours of your time.

It's getting to the time in life for a good number of Z's now that they will need stuff done, just make sure you have the little slush fund for any repairs. Buy on condition, drive a few get a feel for the little quirks they have but if im honest buying from a member is usually the way to go as have been cared for. You won't get dealer piece of mind warranty though. Oh and don't waste your time with Warranty Wise etc they just worm out of everything.

Edited by Willsy1980

Randy has it spot on, its too much for an 04 but if you like the mods and the history then its up to you. Id personally expect the brace and wheel furb to be done and wouldnt pay more than £6K for an 04 on 91K miles, but then Im a tight get :lol: