About to buy.. need some advice

RichieP

After a while of searching I've found a good Zed at a local dealership. Its a jap import but seems to be a good example. Just got a few questions that I was wondering if you guys could help out on.

1. The speedometer has a black sticker over where the K would be and as I've read on the board here, is quite common. Complete newbie question but does that mean its been converted over the MPH so will accurately show that on the dials?

2. The dealer says its been through 2 MOTs fine but I can't see any rear fog light. I thought this was a requirement or am I wrong?

Its had two UK owners and a full service history. The car is actually being covered by 1 years warranty which is reassuring but is there anything else I should look out for?

Thanks and look forward to fully joining the club soon! :teeth:

After a while of searching I've found a good Zed at a local dealership. Its a jap import but seems to be a good example. Just got a few questions that I was wondering if you guys could help out on.

1. The speedometer has a black sticker over where the K would be and as I've read on the board here, is quite common. Complete newbie question but does that mean its been converted over the MPH so will accurately show that on the dials? most imports are like this, means it has been converted

2. The dealer says its been through 2 MOTs fine but I can't see any rear fog light. I thought this was a requirement or am I wrong? should have fog light to pass MOT , has it got the UK type built into lower light unit ??

Its had two UK owners and a full service history. The car is actually being covered by 1 years warranty which is reassuring but is there anything else I should look out for? do a search on here, only known problems is clicky rear axle, buy on condition not mileage or age

Thanks and look forward to fully joining the club soon! :teeth:

Speedo will of been converted for the SVA when the car was bought into the UK. They black out the Kph bit the speedo and the speedo will now be in mph.

The importer may have swapped the rear fog light cluster rather than adding a additional fog light.

You're making the right decision and its wise of you to ask those questions. Lomoto has answered them the same way I would so I've only got one thing to add...

Make sure you get a good colour!!!! :thumbs:

GM :nono:

Sunset :lol:

Kuro :#2:

Chilli :wacko:

Azure :#1:

UY :#3:

Blade :headhurt:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure about the lower right unit, the dealer didn't have much info as they're primarily a subaru dealership. I suppose its only a small thing but just one of only things I knew about imports.

I think its gunmetal grey because it looked a bit dark to be silver. Not sure, quite similar! It looked in good condition for 2003 and only done 27,000 miles (I assume a weekend car), but to be honest I don't know all that much about cars to say much more :blush:

Plenty of zeds are well looked after and dont come out in winter so dont worry about the mileage. As you will find out, there are lots of members who really look after the cars so one in good condition is also not surprising.

As for the Subaru dealer not knowing much about the car, get used to that, many Nissan dealers are about the same.

"Thanks and look forward to fully joining the club soon!"

You are in bud, its as painless as that. :D

You're making the right decision and its wise of you to ask those questions. Lomoto has answered them the same way I would so I've only got one thing to add...

Green :ninja:

Welcome to the forum dude :teeth:

Paul

Green :ninja:

Welcome to the forum dude :teeth:

Paul

Ha ha! I was thinking about you as I typed that post :lol:

I was thinking about you as I typed that post :lol:

CAN YOU KEEP THIS SORT OF INTIMATE CHAT TO PM'S :thumbs::scare::lol:

Gixxer, this forum is full of man love, I would have thought you'd be used to it by now after reading all the messages between Jay and Louis. :snog:

I was thinking about you as I typed that post :lol:

CAN YOU KEEP THIS SORT OF INTIMATE CHAT TO PM'S :thumbs::scare::lol:

Gixxer, this forum is full of man love, I would have thought you'd be used to it by now after reading all the messages between Jay and Louis. :snog:

I know but i thought it was just a southern thing :p

Thanks for welcome! Actually registered two years ago but taken me this long to sort one out. Better late than never :teeth:

Richie, I think you're our first Super-Lurker!!! Welcome aboard - better late than never! :thumbs:

I'd pop back and test to see whether there is a built in foglight - if not there's a bargaining tool straight away. A Subaru dealer isn't going to want a Zed littering its forecourt for too long. :thumbs: