double din/audio question

law350

They also have a much improved interface. They have been working hard to up the anti. They might not quite be up to the Alpine level of quality in terms of sound but they are not far off but IMO they have passed them in user-friendly interfaces and capability (and I love Alpine kit)

To be honest, it was a toss up between the Kenwood and the new Pioneer AVIC HD3, which has the bluetooth built in and a very fancy sat nav display. The shop I bought the HU from (who also fitted) said that for the extra £££s it wasn't really worth it, even though I liked the idea of 3D maps. So I went with his advice and stuck with the Kenwood. I'm very happy with my decision, just gotta get used to the cam thing now!

i know i know......they are drawing me in. Problem is i am skint at the moment and even if i wasnt the justification of £1000 on a car stereo is not easy.

we'll see. i just know if i did get one its not gonna be good, althoguh feedback on them seems to be all good thoguh!.

Where did you get a 1000 quid from?? I paid about 450 for mine at the time at that was 7 months ago fitted :thumbs:

hey,

just looking about at decent kenwoodsand pioneers are about 600 ish and by the time i had it fitted and changed a few speakers etc it up to the £1000 mark.

thats why i looking at the ebay cheapie units. gotta be a review on them somewhere, maybe i'll track one down and see.

hey,

just looking about at decent kenwoodsand pioneers are about 600 ish and by the time i had it fitted and changed a few speakers etc it up to the £1000 mark.

thats why i looking at the ebay cheapie units. gotta be a review on them somewhere, maybe i'll track one down and see.

Ill dig through my reciepts now and find out where I got mine from for ya :thumbs: Its a kenwood 7029, I got the satnav with it as purchased 2 :thumbs:

i would appreciate that , thanks........

i think its fate, driving hope last night, the whole left hand side of the car produced no sound, its no like this perm, god knows whats going on.

time to change maybe if i can afford it.

Pah - Seamaster - check out my timepiece - I use it to calculate my outgoings to Big Phil - if you look closely it's even got a button that when pressed automatically makes a payment to his Paypal account :lol::lol:

By the way Phil - received filter-thanks :thumbs:

You aint on Phils high roller list if you still pay with paypal, highrollers use direct bank transfer :blush:

Pah - Seamaster - check out my timepiece - I use it to calculate my outgoings to Big Phil - if you look closely it's even got a button that when pressed automatically makes a payment to his Paypal account :lol::lol:

You aint on Phils high roller list if you still pay with paypal, highrollers use direct bank transfer :blush:

actually ESR high rollers use gold bars thankyou very much and nicked watches.. where do you think he got his collection from... ahem :blush::lol:

There are some really good double din dvd players on ebay for around £100.. just make sure u buy from UK seller and that they've sold 100's of units and 100% positive feedback!

Good luck!

PS as Pingu reminded me ...u got to buy double din facia unit if ur gona change the stereo..there's only one supplier on ebay who does it..about £20 total.

I use bank transfer - the post was a joke, a witty repartee. Oh also, I dont really have a watch like that either - that was a joke also, but that's our little secret eh Chris - don't tell anyone?! :dry:

:lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...since installing a cheapy double din dvd player for £130..i come to the conclusion u shud never go cheap on anything again! :headhurt:

Not only did it not fit right (wasnt even nr flush with the dash) but also the displays were ugly and poor quality! Def go for a good make like Kenwood or Pioneer.. which will set u back £350+ (depending on what extras it has).

Also dont bother with digital tv option unless u got huge arial and booster...cos when ur on the move even in good signal region it will stil distort and give u headache.