techniclutch - avoid at all costs

gingerslippers

Hi guys,

Not sure if in the correct place but wanted other owners to be aware.

I recently had my clutch go in my 350z so purchased a "LUK DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH KIT FOR A NISSAN 350Z" from ebay seller techniclutch. The item title, description and pictures were all of LUK products but what turned up was some sort of copy/ substandard kit in OEM boxes. I sent the pics through to LUK who confirmed it was not their kit. This seller had without doubt advertised a branded product, sealed it in the manufacturer packaging to pass off as OEM and actually supplied lesser standard material.

When I complained to them, they stated it was the correct kit and made out that the advert was never stating it was OEM - only the flywheel. I pointed out that LUK had said the flywheel wasn't theirs but still they refused to accept that they were misleading people on purpose. Ive escalated to LUK but they don't seem that bothered as apparently this techniclutch/ NATIONWIDE CLUTCH DISTRIBUTORS UK LTD do business in Europe with LUK so they cant be bothered to get involved. I also purchased an exedy clutch kit from them and my mechanic suspected this to be fake also. I sent the details through to Exedy twice but they couldn't even be bothered to reply/ acknowledge emails.

Ive sent all the details to trading standards/ ebay/ watchdog/ rogue traders etc etc and am awaiting feedback from them as without doubt, they are falsely advertising product. God knows how much other dodgy kit they are advertising as genuine when its not. Ive spoken to a few traders on here and it seems to be common knowledge as to what they are up to but both the manufacturers and authorities couldn't give a cr4p. It really is absolutely amazing.

Anyway, thought I'd put the details on here so someone else doesn't have to go through the weeks of hassle and extra expense its cost me to rectify the situation.

Cheers

Hi, yes, that's not the problem. They've agreed a return as they can see the amount of evidence I have stacked against them. I suspect they just want the kit back so I cant forward it on as hard evidence to the authorities and the situation will just go away. I'm absolutely stunned at the lack of interest from manufacturers, ebay and Trading standards though. It really is shocking and if you Google Techniclutch, you will see they have pages and pages on google outlining how dodgy they are.

I agree though, ebay shouldnt be so lazy around preventing counterfeit goods being sold on their website - annoyingly though they dont care because they earn more because of sellers on its site. It takes huge action like recently when You Tube got called out for not bothering to deal actively with extremist content on its site, only when major brands pulled out did they care.

The thing that peeves me off is that I advertised a couple of replica cycling jerseys on eBay once and eBay suspended my account as one of the sponsors on the jersey complained. eBay immediately took action without any consultation with me. I immediately removed the items as wasn't aware. Also, I advertised a Reebok spinning bike on eBay but was told to remove the advert as apparently the word "spinning bike" is patented so couldn't use it - the guys owning that wording complained! Long story short but it shows that a 5 min call or email from the manufacturer and eBay will act. In my mind LUK are equally as bad as they've admitted they are turning a blind eye as they make their money from these cowboys elsewhere! Terrible