does a front splitter make any diffrence normal/hoon driving

9davelee

Unless you do it properly with a large piece of solid board that extends past the bumper and runs right back past the sump, then no. Even then, you'd need to balance it up with rear aero and it would only be useful at high speeds.

Essentially if you can't stand on a front splitter, it's not doing anything.

• Like 3

I would love to give you a full on Scientific answer but i cant since we have done no wind tunnel testing or even real world testing so far. The MX5 has an s2000 motor with HKS charger but struggling with a phantom rev limiter that kicks in at 7k which has halted play for a good while now. We are hoping TDI North will sort this out in the coming weeks.

The lower splitter goes far back underneath the engine bay and canards connect directly to this with end plates which channel the air. Similar to what a lot of the Tskuba Time Attack guys run with great success... basically copied what we know to work as close as possible. I do know Matt fears the cars balance may shift a little too much to the front now on high speed corners which could be interesting ( re terrifying) haha!

Are you running a BGW or not? I'd strongly recommend you at least put something on, even if it's a case of removing it once there if you find the balance is off, as like you say an oversteering car on high speed corners at the Ring is going to be a handful!

It's the two front holes I was curious about more than anything :)

• Like 1

Ohh hell yeah bud, Voltex BGW came first. Matt Made a short vid on the before and after effects at Cadwell (this is without any front aero)...

Two front holes are for brake ducts :D. All about making a car as flattering as possible! Some people like a car to 'fight' them.... those people are wrong haha, especially for amateur hobbyists like me and Matt!

Skip to 2mins for before wing, 5mins with wing.

Totally agree, 2007, Integra Type R, Island bend, Oulton park, wet, Bald R888s on rear, good tread on front.... lesson learned :lol: .

Unfortunatley the MX2000 wont be coming to Nur next week. Just the 350z :).

Edited by WillisRR
  • Like 1