Suspension rattle.....

tokai1

Hi guys, I have replaced control arm bushes, arb mounts and droplinks with whiteline parts, but am still getting a rattle from front drivers side when going over bumps? Any ideas what to look at next? Help appreciated, thanks..

I'd say fit the suspension first, on the grounds that... 1) when you are doing that you are likely to find out what is making the noise anyway, and 2) You may inadvertently solve it simply by fitting the new shocks (if for example it was a loose top mount or something like that).

Pretty sure it'll be the usual compression arm ball joint that can't be replaced, you need a new arm. Our traders are cheaper than Nissan, so have a look.

Note, I've had this before and one of the garages here couldn't work it out (they did say you can't always be sure when it's early on), so I just bought the arms, job done.

• 2 weeks later...

Think i found the problem!!

Loud bang yesterday when driving...looked under and n/s droplink (whiteline) was out at bottom! Needless to say its going back to mechanic on Monday morning...