Night blue question?

phoenix

Brand new 350z coupe at the Nissan dealer Hayden road Sherwood Nottingham it's in Night Blue and right at the back hidden between cars near the car wash. First time ive seen this colour in the flesh it's very nice and at first glance with the sun in my eyes it's not far off a black colour. Just wondering if it will show fine scratches and if it will be hard to keep clean just like black cars?

Ooooohhhhh driddle :teeth: - thats the colour I want for my ragtop - but I have never seen it anywhere in the flesh - other than pics the guys here have shown me - is it a very dark (Midnight Blue old school colour)??

It will show swirl marks like any dark colour I guess. I used to have an Audi(yes yes sorry never again) in that kinda colour - it looked like an iceskating championships had been held on it ! But a decent deep wax helps deflect the relections so to speak!

Did you take any pics of it??? :D

Of all the 350 colors over the years, it's one of the best. Of course I'm biased since I own a San Marino Blue (night blue) 350ZR. I still favor the '03 Brickyard, but a well-polished SMB in bright sunshine is stunning, and it's still a somewhat rare color by comparison with the others.

I'll be able to let you know soon - my Night Blue import ragtop is due to be rolling off the ship at Southampton tomorrow so give it a couple of weeks for the SVA and I'll have a whole load of pics up!

:D

Would love to see this colour at the Wales meet, any chance you could pop up :D

Yeah I reckon I can make that!

Here she is in Japan - not great photos:

http://89.200.137.251/350/

Without stating the obvious I think the colour looks very different depending on the light - sometimes deep metallic blue, sometimes almost black.

Will have some better photos soon :teeth:

Without stating the obvious I think the colour looks very different depending on the light - sometimes deep metallic blue, sometimes almost black.

What spec is it? Can't see any Brembo's :blush:

Calipers look weird. Is there something over them?

Yeah it's shame about that - it's a Version T. Without opening this into a new thread, I think the only difference between T and ST is the Brembos and 18" alloys (which this has anyway) right?

Would much rather have an ST and could have held out for one but I think the unusual paint and leather adds enough to swing it for me.

Calipers look weird. Is there something over them?

Yeah they look horrible to be honest. Wonder whether they would look better painted, but that might be best left for chavved up Corsas...

• 2 weeks later...
So what are the new colours grey and silver like for keeping clean and what about swirls and water marks?

A wash mitt, grit guard, two buckets and Flash water filter will solve any such problems regardless of colour. ;)

• 1 month later...
I'll be able to let you know soon - my Night Blue import ragtop is due to be rolling off the ship at Southampton tomorrow so give it a couple of weeks for the SVA and I'll have a whole load of pics up!

:D

Grrr, still waiting for the feckin SVA to be done so no chance of me making Wales I'm afraid. :angry:

Really do wish I'd saved myself a lot of money, stress and hassle and not gone down the route of importing directly. The main problem has been the fact that no model report exists (I didn't know this at the time), so I've just had to sit back and watch the months go by whilst someone half-heartedly goes about getting one produced.

I actually think by the time it's on the road I could have bought a UK one of the same age for less money. :scare:

Never, ever again. :surrender: