Oil Gallery Gaskets

Erni902

Evening guys,

Looking at replacing my timing chain and thinking I may do the oil gallery gaskets aswell whilst everything is off. Now the only issue I'm having is that I have 2004 DE Zed. The only gaskets I can find are specifically for the HR motor. Are the 2 sets of gaskets the same between DE and HR motors and if not then does someone know where I can get the DE gaskets from in the UK? Even the H-Dev website links to the HR gaskets regardless of how you navigate to them.

I have conducted searches both on here and via google but cant find a definitive answer.

If they are the same then I can easily get hold of them at a very good price.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Erni902

DE and HR are different Rikki.

i only have the one DE set in stock which I prefer to keep, however if Abbey can not help then let me know.

Can I ask why you are considering swopping out the gally gaskets as they do not have the same issues as the HR ?

However if you are swopping out the chains then no harm in fitting the up-rated DE gaskets when you are in there.

Also remember and fit genuine NIssan chain stuff and not the chocolate version. ;)

Alex. :)

Ok mate no dramas.

Only considering it as Ive seen the posts etc about the failed ones. After searching through threads the only thing I could make out were that all VQ's whether 35 or 37 were prone to the old gaskets failing on pre 2012 models so thats the only reason I thought about it to be honest. Couldn't really see a clear divide between the DE and the HR but if they aren't prone to going on the DE then I might leave it.

Yes I have spoken to the Stealers round the corner and awaiting confirmation of price etc on the genuine chain so should be ordering tomorrow.

Make sure that you get the tensioners as well and also the upgraded chain slippers and the crank sprocket. etc. :thumbs:

The complete Nissan kit will come in just South of a grand. Sorry :lol:

Edited by ZMANALEX

• 3 weeks later...