Knocking from rear after fitting coilovers

plebpl

Hi guys, I fitted Torqen s coilovers on Monday, they were fine until this evening when I started getting a loud knocking sound from the rear. It happens all the time not just when I'm turning so I don't think it's drop links. Exhaust feels solid.

Going to jack it up tomorrow and take a look, but can anyone give any ideas as to what it could be? I'm thinking spring not sitting properly?

Video of the sound here: https://vid.me/pCKF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya mate I had a very similar noise on my car a while after fitting my airlift struts. It was a very loud knocking noise and constant.

And it was the nut that had come loose on the top of the strut.

IMG_0515.jpg

So the gold one in the middle haha. I'm guessing that coilovers would have a nut there too so it could be that.

Yes mate just done it up with a socket and held it with a spanner. I also put a little bit of threadlock onto it aswell just to make sure.

It hasn't come loose again since ðŸ‘🻠Hope you get it sorted

Edited by Dean.B

Quick update, It isnt the bolt, that was nice and tight, Evil yes I have adjusted everything. ARB's are aligned. It sounds like the top mount is knocking on the tunnel. Has anyone had this? Did you use the orange OEM surround when fitting your coilovers?

I had this issue on my 370 with the Torqen coilovers and it was the diameter of the bolt is a few thou smaller than the diameter of the hole in the bottom of the coilovers,so no matter how tight you tighten it up it stays loose.

As a temporary fix I wrapped shim steel around the bolt to test it and the clunk went away

This will definitely be your problem if the 350 is the same

Good luck :)

I had an issue like this on my Zeta Meister Rs on my old Zed. You know how I fixed it? I adjusted the stiffness all the way and backed it off, returned it to mid way and it stopped. Don't ask me how or why, but it did.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Quick update to this, I thought I had adjusted preload correctly in the rear. Apparently not, the spring and top mount were too loose so clashing together over bumps. Once I increased preload on the rear dampers the issue was solved.

Just to clarify this was not an issue with the coilovers, just me being dim!

Ryan

• Like 2