Supercharged 5.0 V8 Jag XKR

Commander

After selling the TVR Tuscan RR and a few things going on at work / personal life, I just picked up this beauty on Monday... 2009 XKR w/ 5.0 SC V8 @ 505bhp

The colour is Kyanite Blue, 20" alloys, decent stereo, valves exhaust, adaptive dampers, hot/cold seats, heated steering wheel, DAB, etc etc... bloody hell it shifts! And with the exhaust valves open it sounds good too :-)

7E2A96F5-15B0-4F04-8CAE-ACFC1195681F.jpg

Handling is much much better than I expected but even so it's definitely more 'GT' than Sports Car, especially under braking, but I suspect it has crap pads in so need to look at that.

Oh, and in other news my brother has totally beaten me by buying a 2005 z06 Corvette... 7.0 LS7 @ 565bhp! It's bloody awesome!!

C96DBA08-C43A-4FB4-B501-A4F5FDAACAE0.jpg

• Like 5

Between you and your brother you've managed to get the 2 main contenders for my next car.

Will hare to update with which is better :thumbs:

Between you and your brother you've managed to get the 2 main contenders for my next car.

Will have to update with which is better :thumbs:

Edited by Strudul

Will have to update with which is better :thumbs:

Depends what you want - the Jag is much more luxurious and more comfortable to cruise down the motorway in and does slightly better MPG (~25 vs ~22 on the motorway and when being very well behaved - significantly less when hooning). The z06 is faster in a straight line, better under braking, sounds better, looks better, but is less luxurious, less comfy, more noisy. The z06 is faster, but the XKR is no slouch. Neither has any trouble leaving with most things for dust on a motorway or anything that "flows". Not sure I'd fancy trying to rag the Jag around some hairpins though.

If I could afford it I would have bought an XKRS to close the gap a bit, but my pockets aren't that deep :(

Kyanite blue is a special colour imo , looks fab in the sun , my XFR is the same colour along with ivory leather also .

Enjoy

Cheers - yeah it looks like a totally different colour in the sun - much lighter. The Ivory leather is lush - waaay better than the black you see in most cars.

Depends what you want - the Jag is much more luxurious and more comfortable to cruise down the motorway in and does slightly better MPG (~25 vs ~22 on the motorway and when being very well behaved - significantly less when hooning). The z06 is faster in a straight line, better under braking, sounds better, looks better, but is less luxurious, less comfy, more noisy. The z06 is faster, but the XKR is no slouch. Neither has any trouble leaving with most things for dust on a motorway or anything that "flows". Not sure I'd fancy trying to rag the Jag around some hairpins though.

If I could afford it I would have bought an XKRS to close the gap a bit, but my pockets aren't that deep :(

Aye, rather different beasts, but both excellent in their own way.

Though I reckon if the Vette had the Jag's interior there'd be no contest...

Interested to see which ends up being the most reliable and cheapest to maintain / repair.

Aye, rather different beasts, but both excellent in their own way.

Though I reckon if the Vette had the Jag's interior there'd be no contest...

Interested to see which ends up being the most reliable and cheapest to maintain / repair.

Yeah, but when you get something with a nice interior and which goes and looks like a mad thing, they call it a Ferrari and put another zero on the price!

• Like 1

A remap will get them to 570hp or so , drop a smaller pulley on and you can get 585-590 with over 525ft lbs . but to be fair even stock I dont feel that mine lacks power

Yeah, I'm keeping it stock... I still haven't used 100% throttle in first or second gear yet - it's just too fast for my brain... that and it's been permanently cold and wet since I got it.

A remap will get them to 570hp or so , drop a smaller pulley on and you can get 585-590 with over 525ft lbs . but to be fair even stock I dont feel that mine lacks power

Yeah, I'm keeping it stock... I still haven't used 100% throttle in first or second gear yet - it's just too fast for my brain... that and it's been permanently cold and wet since I got it.

I had a big moment in mine before Xmas so havent driven it much since then

I love the 5.0 XKR....And Kyanite blue is one of my best colours,although i thought it was quite a bit lighter.

I had a 4.2 XKR and had the pulley mod done.. 465bhp and it was great..

I keep looking for a 5.0 though,will be my next car i think,although it has to be the correct spec,the 16 way vented seats are a must...

Just been for a cheeky blast... bloody hell it's fast! Sounds really good when the windows are down too.

If you ever get the chance to drive any fruity Jag, make sure you twist the dial to "S" (Sport mode on the gearbox) and push the chequered flag button (relaxes TCS a bit, enables noisy exhaust mode, hardens up the shocks, sharpens the throttle response). It doesn't handle quite as well as the Z in tight corners or under braking (both weight related imho), but the exhaust, gearbox, comfort levels and engine more than make up for it :)

I work from home and I can't stop looking at it! :wub::cloud9::teeth:

Very nice! Congrats! Had a go in both 4.2 and the 5.0 lovely things. The pic makes the Zed look tiny but there not that huge.

Oh btw I want a 4.2 but as I need to look at property I'm stuck with the Z for a while....so I hate you ... :lol::thumbs: