Indicative Costs?

havoc1

Prescience always says minimum 10-12k for going FI of any sort.

He built a supercharged Zed and had a farily comprehensive costings sheet. It is in the FI section somewhere!

Max power is somewhere up to 400 bhp and 400 lbs/ft torque on standard internals. If you want a built engine then 20k+ easily!

Power Enterprise twin turbo is circa 6k from Envy

APS twin turbo is circa 9k (??) from TDI

Vortech is circa 4k.

There is usually more to add though. It's big money!

Please feel free to correct any of this!

I'm not a forced Induction guru. I'm just stating things others have said in the past as none of the FI gurus are here!

For some of the best info in the UK PM prescience. I respect his opinion as do others on here.

Tere is probably one the most knowledgable in FI zeds going. She might be worth a PM too!

Guest prescience

Just to clarify. I believe it is possible to uprate your Z FI with reasonable risk for about £5k (Vortech, PE-TT [Envy]). Then however there are the ancilliaries, gauges, larger wheels, uprated exhaust which are desirables but not essentials which boost the price. My total spend on the car was about £12k but I'd reckon about £9k was about the total FI-related spend I made.

10k is at the top-end for an APS TT install plus gauges etc

It's not cheap, but reckon at about £5k (S/C), to 8K (APS) rather than £10k to get the job done stock.

Internals, yup I reckon £25k to get that done including brakes, suspension etc etc but would be good for 600BHp. That was my budget when I was looking but others have actually done that - I haven't

Just to clarify. I believe it is possible to uprate your Z FI with reasonable risk for about £5k (Vortech, PE-TT [Envy]). Then however there are the ancilliaries, gauges, larger wheels, uprated exhaust which are desirables but not essentials which boost the price. My total spend on the car was about £12k but I'd reckon about £9k was about the total FI-related spend I made.

It's not cheap, but reckon at about £5k (S/C), to 8K (APS) rather than £10k to get the job done stock.

Internals, yup I reckon £25k to get that done including brakes, suspension etc etc but would be good for 600BHp. That was my budget when I was looking but others have actually done that - I haven't

Your old car seems to have fallen off the radar again, Dorian.

Guest prescience

Yup, certainly I became aware of some issues whereby people after me hadn't treated it as they should in terms of maintenance - that's also worth noting that you need to really do your research or be prepared to pay high prices for hard-to-find 350Z professional shops in this area

Yup, certainly I became aware of some issues whereby people after me hadn't treated it as they should in terms of maintenance - that's also worth noting that you need to really do your research or be prepared to pay high prices for hard-to-find 350Z professional shops in this area

...and the cost doesn't stop after the build. IIRC the service schedule, or at least oil changes, will be more frequent. And then there's insurance... :headhurt:

I knew one of the FI gurus had to come along and sort out my mis quotes! :)

Again, some good info there. I personally would only consider doing this if I was doing it properly. It's not worth scrimping in my opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

Im running the APS twin turbo and the kit it superb to date. only thing was I had alot of hidden costs.

Needed to uprate my brakes, i was shocked as i thought the standard brembo's were superb. however the TT takes the car up to speed so fast your always braking! I also had to up gauge my wheels to 295's for traction as on standards the wheel spin in every gear was shocking!

oil changes every 2 - 3k are a must too!

But the positives are its the fastest car i have been in! wow!

just do it! :lol:

Im running the APS twin turbo and the kit it superb to date. only thing was I had alot of hidden costs.

Needed to uprate my brakes, i was shocked as i thought the standard brembo's were superb. however the TT takes the car up to speed so fast your always braking! I also had to up gauge my wheels to 295's for traction as on standards the wheel spin in every gear was shocking!

oil changes every 2 - 3k are a must too!

But the positives are its the fastest car i have been in! wow!

just do it! :lol:

Did you choose the Magnaflow exhaust or was it recommended?

• 1 year later...

Internals uprated to 4.2 and then custom turbo build would land @ 10k + 10k :(

I've done ECU (1200) Exhaust and Cats (1000) Plenum (800) so 'only' 7k +10k left :teeth:

Then I better make the car first stop (brakes and tires/wheels) and also some styling options... so lets just say that'll cost around 5k...

hmmm :dance: