Am going to be ripped off today :-(

gangzoom

Just dropped the Z off at the dealers to have a rear brake squeak+geometry looked at....wasn't in for more than 60sec before they started going on about "extra" costs that might be incurred if theres actually a problem...looks like my wallets going to be lighter at the end of the day :wacko:

on the brighter note I have to say Black is defiantly the Zs best color...especially when compared to the two red and silver Zs they had in the forecourt :p

That sucks!!! I believe that they have to speak to you before any actual extra costs are incurred. Could be wrong but at the very least I would say it was common courtesy for them to call you before undertaking any additional work that will cost.

Just dropped the Z off at the dealers to have a rear brake squeak+geometry looked at....wasn't in for more than 60sec before they started going on about "extra" costs that might be incurred if theres actually a problem...looks like my wallets going to be lighter at the end of the day :wacko:

on the brighter note I have to say Black is defiantly the Zs best color...especially when compared to the two red and silver Zs they had in the forecourt :p

Geometry is normally about 20 quid a turn on allignment I could be wrong but thats what I was charged. If it was me I wouldnt take to the stealers, Id go and get advice from a trustworthy garage who wont charger you commercial price just because they are a main dealer :dry:

That sucks!!! I believe that they have to speak to you before any actual extra costs are incurred. Could be wrong but at the very least I would say it was common courtesy for them to call you before undertaking any additional work that will cost.

+1 - they should not undertake any work that incurrs extra cost without your authority. If they do something and you didnt say they could do it, I would refuse to pay :thumbs:

Ive have defiantly told them to call me before they do anything major....so hopefully things wouldn't be too bad :dry:

I use to use independent garages, but with the Z I just wasn't too sure...i know getting things done at the Stealers isnt a guarantee of good work (My local Honda dealer once rebuilt the gearbox for my Integra R but than "forgot" to seal the outer casing properly :scare: ) But at least if things go belly up your more likely to get it sorted??

But at least if things go belly up your more likely to get it sorted??

Yeah right :lol: Depends on who your stealer is - I've been around here long enough to have heard some right horror stories :scare:

...but lets just hope you get it sorted with the minimum of fuss and expense :thumbs:

Just got my car back, amazingly i seem to have found a honest stealer!! They took it for a road test, had it on the ramp, had a good look at the calipers/pad/brake hoses....didn't find anything, and now the squeak is gone :D...and it was all free of charge - even gave Z the a quick wash :scare:

I did notice the fuel light is now on...cant remeber how much was in the tank before

:p

Will defiantly be going back there for my P3 service :)

I did notice the fuel light is now on...cant remeber how much was in the tank before

:p

Ha ha! Every scrotty mechanic has had a raz round in it! :scare:;)

Or they filtered out the fuel to cover the cost of the FREE service :lol:

:lol: Check that they've left you some oil as well. You got any gold fillings in your teeth.........? :lol:

Glad you got it sorted bud :thumbs: