Rays Curbing Repair Guide?

Strudul

Thinking of dipping my wheels, but one of them has a bit of curb rash. so thinking of sorting that first.

Found this guide, which seems to detail the repair process pretty well, but it's from 2008, so all the pics are gone and a lot changes in 8 years.

Is there another more up to date guide? Or is it fine to just follow that one?

Do I just need some Metalik, Strato Silver paint and clear laquer? All seem pretty cheap in Halfords.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

depends how bad the curb rash is. you can get away using chemical metal on them an sand it down with a 240 grade an go over with a 500 to flow the repair out, i repair wheels for a living using filler is fine, using it on the inside of the wheel isnt, thats where cracks appear from tyre pressure.

• Like 1

depends how bad the curb rash is. you can get away using chemical metal on them an sand it down with a 240 grade an go over with a 500 to flow the repair out, i repair wheels for a living using filler is fine, using it on the inside of the wheel isnt, thats where cracks appear from tyre pressure.

Expert opinion on these? Cheers.

z5fnRUq.jpg

eXbcgmm.jpg

K293p0s.jpg

uYR0sWx.jpg

HisTUF8.jpg