Project Zelda (Pic heavy - 5 hour detail)

zelda

Hi,

3 weeks into Z ownership and I've finally found a weekend where I have nothing to do, and importantly the weather is dry. Time to detail Zelda!

I've uploaded a ton of photos from todays efforts mainly because I'm so impressed with how well she cleaned up. I've literally never cleaned a car with this much attention to detail, and to be honest as the hours went by I got more and more obsessive. :lol: Oh..and I fitted a stubby aerial.

The detailing guide on the forum was spot on. I started with a wash using the 2 bucket method (Meguiars Gold), rinsed and then dried off.

1.jpg

Then, I cleaned the glass and used some rubber treatment on the various seals. I also spent a ton of time removing all of the old dry wax from the previous owners effort.. (mission).

Next up was to go round with Meguiars scratch X as there were a few unsightly scratches. I worked very carefully and probably could have done more, but as this stuff is quite abrasive I took care.

Following this I used Meguairs polish.

2.jpg

Arms aching by this point, and can't wait for xmas so I can get a machine polisher.

Next was an all over wax with Meguiars liquid wax.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

This is why I'm getting a wheel refub! Ouch :( I am thinking of a colour change to something like a gunmetal or I saw on the forum somewhere that someone had 'smoked chrome' which not only sounds cool, it looked fantastic.

9.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

And.... run out of daylight so didn't drive very far - just down the river for the sunset.

10.jpg

11.jpg

I didn't clean the exhaust tips or backbox which I regret a bit. But I can do that next weekend... as it's a standard backbox will how well will it come up with using a bit of metal polish?

That's all for today folks!

Nice to see someone as bonkers as me when it comes to detailing! Shame that black is such a notorious colour to look after as they definitely look the best. Be careful with the machine polisher, nissan paint is woefully thin and it wont take much to burn through!

Check my build out, got competition on the detailing ;)

• 5 months later...

Been meaning to get a service done for a few months but just didn't get round to it. I don't do many miles so just as well.

Booked in next week for a service stamp, for following (went a bit mad):

Engine oil

Gearbox oil

Differential oil

Brake fluid

Clutch fluid

PAS fluid

Coolant

Air filter

Spark plugs

Oh.. Torqen spacers and polybush diff mounts! :)

post-30266-0-59785600-1494090586_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...