Hood Unaligned

Strudul

Just noticed my hood is raised on the passenger side, which I never noticed before.

It seems to line up at the hinge, and at the front, but in the middle it's maybe a cm too high.

I don't think I've done anything to it, but it has just spent several hours propped up with the prop rod thingy. But that is on the driver's side, so I don't see why that would have affected it (if anything I'd have thought it would have raised the driver's side and lowered the passenger's side?)

All I did today was replace the AC belt (which involved removing the under-tray / engine splash guard), so i don't see how that would make any difference.

Doesn't seem to be anything blocking it, and I can push it down to where it's supposed to be (and further), but then obviously it just springs back up.

Any idea what's happened and how to fix it? Does it need to be adjusted or should I just sit on it until it stays where I want it?

Cheers

Assuming you didn't know (apologies if you do), you can adjust the bonnet by loosening the bolts/nuts on the hinges. Can turn into a right ol'game though.

I assumed you'd be able to, but didn't know how, thanks.

Not sure how well it will work though as it seems to line up fine in some places, it's just the middle that seems to be messed up. Will have a play, but I'll probably just make it worse. :lol:

Edited by Strudul

Just thought I'd throw this out there.... Have you checked for any obstructions under the bonnet. I've noticed this twice on mine and each time I'd left something under the bonnet - usually the battery cover.

As i mentioned in the OP, there doesn't seem to be anything blocking it, and I can push it down, but it just springs back. :/