Will k1 no baffles pass noise test on trackdays

Rob350

I've got a k1 fitted with no baffles, was like that when I bought the car, I diddnt realise it was the cheapest exhaust going when I bought the car lol, was wondering if anyone knows if it will pass decibel test on track days. I think its usually about 95 to 105 dbs

guessing you'll be visiting Croft and Oulton Park living that far north, both of which do 105db static days. so with bungs in you might be ok. Steer clear of Bedford Autodrome and a few places down south like goodwood, castle combe and the like, but I don't think that'll pose a problem for you!

Is that the only mod? are you decatted as well? cos that adds a lot of volume. unfortunately phone apps aren't the best for decibelometers, you'd be better off getting bungs in, then taking it to a track to have it tested, most places will test you for free if they're testing cars anyway.

It's the only mod, its not decatted, Iv tried to buy bungs for it but i could only find universal bungs on ebay non that are actually off a k1, im going to buy a standard exhaust soon anyway because I'll be going to the famous green hell again and don't fancy driving all the way to Germany to get turned down at the gate lol plus id have to shoot myself after putting up with the drone for 600 mlies of motorway there and back.

I were thinking of croft oulton park and blyton park, been to blyton a few times in my s2k, its good cos there's no walls lol so can easily test the limits of grip without endangering the public or mother nature lol

the bungs off ebay will be of equal quality to standard K1 ones anyways, its not the best quality exhaust. just measure the tips, get something to suit. I suspect 4" baffles will be fine.

but if you're going for a standard exhaust you'll be fine anyways... I presume you're not going to fork out for a new standard exhaust from Nissan, either get a secondhand system for peanuts or if going new, get a scorpion or cobra resonated system. I had the cobra resonated and it sounds bloody lovely, and wont worry any noise limits.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, similar question that I thought probably not worth a new thread. Has anyone had a 350z with an Ark GRiP noise tested? No other engine / exhaust mods. I'm hoping to get on track this year.

According to the internet it's 87db at 3000rpm, which would seem to be well within most trackday limits, but was hoping someone could confirm. Cheers.

I drove the Nurburgring last year, I made a 350z k1 system fit my 370z. Without bungs I drove the ring no problem and wasn't turned away.

The wife admittedly thought it was far to loud and to be nice to the neighbours I have fitted the bungs with extra db killing wadding in the cans and a extra silencer fitted mid system. With all this I registered 95db at castle Combe for a track day.