Went to look at one today.

Zeezeebaba

I have a 370 itch to scratch so decided to have a look at one today at a second hand dealer near Guildford. It was a white GT with shadow rays and externally looked very nice. Unfortunately the interior wasn't up to par for me.

A couple of questions if I may...

Firstly it had an aftermarket induction system by AEM. Looked and sounded ok but I've never heard of them, any good?

Secondly a rather shabby repair had been carried out on the boot blind where it hooks on to the boot lid, is this a common problem with them being fragile?

The silver trim around the gear stick was in a terrible state and it had cheap tyres fitted, add the fact the engine bay was in an awful state and the underside was in bad order I walked away.

I was impressed otherwise with the seating which I know is a bugbear for some but it went lower than my 350 seat and I found it quite comfortable. The clutch pedal was a tad to high for my liking and visibility was risible.

I think I will take the plunge after Christmas if a decent one comes up. The previous owner of the one I went to see now has a nismo so is probably on here :)

AEM are pretty premium, they make parts for Nismo for example.

Cheap tyres is something to get used to if you're buying from a dealer, very very few of them are going to fit £800 worth of tyres when they can fit them for £300 and be legal unfortunately.

High clutch pedal seems to be a Zed trait, I don't know about the 300ZX and before that, but the 350 is exactly the same, you get used to it or adjust it.

Visibility is awful in all Zeds, small price to pay for a sexy body shape :)

I already have a 350 mate and the visibility is much better than the 70 hands down. It annoys me they couldn't upgrade the steering column to add reach but I managed to get quite comfortable as the seat went lower than my current 50s.

The visibility issue doesn't really bother me tbh.

The tyres were on the car when the dealer got her in, it hadn't even been prepped for sale when I popped over.

White is a stunning colour in the flesh and it had a pearlescent hue which was great.

What year did nissan uprate the oil gallery gaskets? The one I went to see was a 10 plate.

Cheers for the advice on AEM :)

Exciting times :)

You going to be selling bits & pieces from the 350z then? HFC, facelift lights etc...?

No mate she will be going as is. Just ticked over 90k miles so new owner will get a bargain. I will include standard cats, winter wheels etc in the sale. Plus I don't have the standard old lights anyway as I sold them :)

There is a group buy going on right now at RJM performance in the US for their AMAZING adjustable clutch pedal, there are a couple of places left on this GB, and he seems to run them about every three months, I'm on his mailing list, but I just have other priorities right now. It ain't cheap, but by all accounts it transforms the clutch on our cars. Of course I have no idea if it fits the 370...might be worth an ask...

Proper nice piece of kit...

http://rjmperformance.com/350z--g35-afp-clutch-pedal-kits.html

No mate she will be going as is. Just ticked over 90k miles so new owner will get a bargain. I will include standard cats, winter wheels etc in the sale. Plus I don't have the standard old lights anyway as I sold them :)

Ah right fair enough. Someone's going to get lucky!

Vulture :lol:

What? Me? Vulture?!! No.... :sweat:

• Like 2