Make the most of what !, apparently, have!

CarlW

Well I've had my 350Z a week now and I have to say it's been a week of discoveries, primarily because I was apparently so pumped about buying it I didn't pay attention to what I was buying. When I bought the car the only upgrade I noticed was a Pop Charger (fairly obvious hence I saw it), since then though I've made some further discoveries:

Kinetix Plenum

HFCs (only noticed those because the CEL light came on so I took a look expecting to have to replace the CATs)

Upgraded Exhaust (also noticed when checking the CATs)

I've got no idea what make the HFCs or Exhaust is but considering I was budgeting around £1500 for those items I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Anyway I bought a few items to fit to the car, new stereo, stubby aerial, vent trims, boot struts etc but I was thinking since the last owner spent a fair amount of performance upgrades to would be a shame to waste them.

Hence my post, sorry it's taken so long, but does anyone know any good places for a remap in the South West or should I plan a trip across the country to get an UpRev?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Edited by CarlW

I agree with Jetpilot, best check if it has been UpRev remapped already.

If you have cruise control, hold the top switch down to 'coast/set' and press the cancel button anything between 1 to 5 times then release 'coast/set'. The cruise light should flash corresponding to the number of times you pressed cancel. This is how you switch between maps.

I have no idea if its standard across the board or this is just what Abbey set on their remaps but maps 1, 2 and 3 are different throttle response levels, 4 is a valet map which is speed/rev limited, and map 5 is for running 95 octane just in case you cant find premium stuff. 5 is also rev limited lower than stock.

If you don't have cruise control I dont know of an easy way to check I'm afraid.

Edited by longsh07
  • Like 1

Fyi longsh7 AFAIK my Zed never had switchable maps after it's UpRevs were done (once before FI & once again when I was FI) and yes I had cruise control so that feature maybe at the mappers discretion to add or only if the customer specifies they want it.

@CarlW ~ I assumed as you mentioned your EML has come on in-conjunction with you mentioning the HFC's that you had done a code check which showed the secondary O2 sensors at fault which is common on cars with HFC's or De-Cats if they haven't had the secondary O2 sensors switched off after an UpRev.

If you don't know why the EML has come on then you're really best off getting the code read before doing anything else.

• Like 1