are these any good ?

wilo

looking for opinions on these .

obviously i know they wont be better than a £600 top Branded set but would they be adequate for my 2004 DE as the arse end needs winding down quite a bit 3fea47699c5a663bac2b9494a3ffc337.jpg339aeb6ccfebea47629fd007ed5d8a66.jpg4ef5d559b7b16d2da1dcb8940c2e50aa.jpgae52502907c5c3c38e27621b7d40b177.jpgf4dcd9a3e8128ea6be75e530368f07dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn't put anything cheaper than HSD's on my car. There is a reason those are 40% the price of half decent coilovers - they'll probably rust in no time, possibly leak and they have no adjustable damping, so you're stuck with whatever rate they decide.

• Like 1

What wheels/tyre sizes are you running as that's a consideration for the rear arch gap.

rear = 265/35/19

fronts= 245/35/19

wheels are rotas

Maybe a wider tyre on the rear then would help, 275/35/19 is the norm but guess you've gone for stretched due to offset of the wheels maybe, though I'm no expert when it comes to it.

What wheels/tyre sizes are you running as that's a consideration for the rear arch gap.

rear = 265/35/19

fronts= 245/35/19

wheels are rotas

Maybe a wider tyre on the rear then would help, 275/35/19 is the norm but guess you've gone for stretched due to offset of the wheels maybe, though I'm no expert when it comes to it.

tbh iv only had the car since june and when I had the service done i just asked them to replace with the size already on .didn't know they were stretched if im honest .

so with them been on the car only a couple of weeks i dont really want to be replacing tyres yet

I Know its a mine field when it comes to wheel sizes/offsets and tyres sizes. Though with you lowering maybe it's a good thing you have some stretch for arch clearance. Maybe the previous owner had it lowered and stretched tyres for that exact reason. Just be careful you don't go too low as that can then cause problems with camber which means more expense with adjustable arms extra, if your on a tight budget. That's why the teins is a good option because a re alignment after is all that's needed. Maybe not low enough for what your looking for though.

Tyre sizes are fine and the Apex springs will do the job, however my first preference would be Eibach, which are available for a touch under £190 on eBay.

cheers Kyle ...what about the front wheels regarding springs ? as they already seem quite low .

is there a kit that drops the rears more than the fronts as York has more speed humps than roads unfortunately and dont want to wreaking the nismo v2 splitter .

im more concerned about the rear tbh and dont know if you can tell properly on the pics but is very jacked up compared to the front

Tyre sizes are fine and the Apex springs will do the job, however my first preference would be Eibach, which are available for a touch under £190 on eBay.

cheers Kyle ...what about the front wheels regarding springs ? as they already seem quite low .

is there a kit that drops the rears more than the fronts as York has more speed humps than roads unfortunately and dont want to wreaking the nismo v2 splitter .

im more concerned about the rear tbh and dont know if you can tell properly on the pics but is very jacked up compared to the front

If they are the long wide type speed bumps it'll be fine lowered 30mm with the V2 front end, just take them slowly. I ran K-Sport 30mm springs and the V2 front and it was fine.

If they are the long wide type speed bumps it'll be fine lowered 30mm with the V2 front end, just take them slowly. I ran K-Sport 30mm springs and the V2 front and it was fine.

take it youve not visited York mate .

there a mixture here of what ever tarmac the council have left .some are like ben nevis and others seem like left overs from barney rubbles workplace .

take it youve not visited York mate .

there a mixture here of what ever tarmac the council have left .some are like ben nevis and others seem like left overs from barney rubbles workplace .

Haha, no I've not been to York, however I'm yet to find one of those long 1-1.5m speed bumps that are too high for a reasonably lowered car due to the long slope up to them.