North Coast 500

Hansburger

Thanks! It really is a brilliant place! We've been there for one week, it was a bit short in my opinion. We also drove around Isle of Skye.

Is this route really busy with tourists in the summer :surrender:

Like any tourist hotspot, July and August it is but in May June it's a little less busy, that why I'm organising our trip for may + you don't get the ass ripped out of you for hotel stays at that time.

• Like 1

it was a little busy along the A9 and A99 to Thurso and John O Groats, but the real good stuff is on the north west coast, which was quiet.

To be honest if I went again I wouldn't bother with the entire NC500 route, i'd just set up base camp in Kyle of Lochalsh or Ullapool, miss out the east coast and spend more time on the west coast.

• Like 1

it was a little busy along the A9 and A99 to Thurso and John O Groats, but the real good stuff is on the north west coast, which was quiet.

To be honest if I went again I wouldn't bother with the entire NC500 route, i'd just set up base camp in Kyle of Lochalsh or Ullapool, miss out the east coast and spend more time on the west coast.

West coast is defo where it's at, the East coast of Scotland is the pits in comparison, except the Spittle of Glenshee road. Hoon 2017 we will be avoiding the A9 like the plague, we may have to use it to get to some better roads heading West, but just depends on final route I plan, but it will be just a means to an end kind of road

• Like 1

• 2 months later...