Fuel Costs

Exec

I have owned my zed since September last year so just over a year. Since ownership I have kept every single fuel receipt (mainly so the next owner knows iv ran on super unleaded).

I've done 4226 miles in total, loads of short journeys included, to and from work everyday which is less than two miles one way.

So in total over the year I have filled up with 939.39 Litres which is 206.63 gallons. Which equates to 20.45mpg average.

Altogether the spend on fuel was £1,132 which equates to 26p per mile.

I thought this might be of some use to somebody. I love every mile of it :)

Edited by Exec

I've had mine in my possession for a month now. I put about £40 a week in, mixed motorway & A & B roads & after 6 days still have about 1/4 tank & average around 27mpg. I don't drive like a tool mostly, but do like to put my foot down occasionally.

What comments I do get thrown my way a lot is (previous car was a Pug 406 Coupe 3.0 V6) "I bet that drinks juice" & all those kind of comments. My reply is, "I didn't buy it for fuel economy, if that was an issue I'd buy a boring Germanic 2.0tdi 140bhp VAG lump with no kerb appeal" :lol: .

"I didn't buy it for fuel economy, if that was an issue I'd buy a boring Germanic 2.0tdi 140bhp VAG lump with no kerb appeal" :lol: .

I bought a 2.0tdi 140bhp VAG lump (Audi A4) as my sensible car.....................then I traded it in for.....................A Porsche Cayenne :lol: MPG in the VAG was 57(ish) MPG in the Porsche was........19 so it cost nearly 3 times as much to run.

I then traded the Porsche for the Zed (at 28mpg) and now when people say to me it must drink a lot, I simply say nah its as economical as hell lmao.

I've had mine (HR motor) 5 months, covered about the same distance as you, mostly shorter (5-10 mile) journeys with some longer runs thrown in, I've averaged 20.39mpg.. But I like a spirited drive and the Z isn't my daily commuter..

Given the longer runs always involve some fun driving on the tank too the best i've ever managed is 23.66mpg.. Ah well..