starting up

jayrishi

hi dont no if you guys can help but when starting up my car it fires up fine then just looses power and then kicks back in. Its happened a couple times now and two of those occasions i've started the car up and its just stalled itself (and no it wasn't in gear lol)

any ideas of what it could be would be appreciated

Mines has just started doing the same thing.

It's fine when the choke is on but when I start it warm I have to catch the revs before it dies.

My EML is on and it gave me a 0134 code which is the Oxygen sensor.

I'm waiting on the new one coming.

It could well be that.

Hope this helps, there's nothing worse than when your Z's not running properly.

Mines has just started doing the same thing.

It's fine when the choke is on but when I start it warm I have to catch the revs before it dies.

My EML is on and it gave me a 0134 code which is the Oxygen sensor.

I'm waiting on the new one coming.

It could well be that.

Hope this helps, there's nothing worse than when your Z's not running properly.

If its only when warm I suggest cleaning the throttle body, there has been a few cases of this which have been cleared by doing that.

Can't see it being a battery problem because the alternator takes over from the battery when it's started and yours is starting. If it's failing to turn over and start then yes the battery is worth looking at.

Once started the ECU comes into play to keep the engine running. Since I don't understand how the ECU software is structured I'd guess, once started, the ECU begins looking at its sensor inputs to determine the best control outputs to maintain the engine.You could suspect the alternator output as well at this point since no voltage or low output means the ECU can't function correctly .

I'd also look at the ECU inputs typically, MAF for air input info and and lambda sensors to indicate if the engine is running correctly and thereby adjusting the fuel input at the injectors. I'd also clean the throttle body because my experience tells me that even small deposits affect the engines performance. Mind you I'd expect the engine management light to come on if the MAF or lambda sensors were at fault. But then again I don't know at what point the ECU turns this on if any are faulty.

If your in the AA or RAC/other, give them a call they've always been helpful to me.