*HELP*FITTED NEW XTREME CLUTCH KIT CAR WONT GO INTO GEAR

huseyin

Hi ,

I am new to the Forum , i have just bought 06 350z the clutch was slipping really bad so i decided to go for the Xtreme clutch kit with solid flywheel . I have replaced all the service parts etc while i had the car in workshop after that we started to work on the clutch .

We have taken off the box 4 times just to make sure it was done all correctly . The car won't go into gear while the engine is on . When i start the car with it in 1st gear the wheels start spinning before i come to the biting point (clutch flat to the floor and it happens ) .

We thought the slave cylinder could be causing it so i replaced it but still the same problem .

We have adjusted the clutch pedal and bled the system many times still nothing .

I called Clark Motorsport (Where i got the clutch from) they said it is definitely the correct clutch kit for my car .

Has anyone had similar problems , or someone knows what to do please HELP

Thank you,

I've had this happen twice in the last 20 years. First time the throw out bearing was knackered. Second and more commonly air in the line and the system needed bleeding properly.

I have heard of pressure plate drag also but never encountered it myself.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Yes the flywheel and pressure plates are definitely correct and the release bearing is in the right way pedal resistance is normal . I work in a Merc dealership so i have spoken to a few techs about bleeding the system i am gonna try to bleed it more after work i would let you guys know if it fixes the issue .

Hopefully you get it sorted mate, bleeding through again is a good shout. The problem I had was trapped air in the system. Pedal travel was fine but a further bleed revealed a small amount of trapped air, this in turn as strange as it sounds meant it couldn't accomadate the small increase in thickness of the new clutch plate. Once bled again it was fine.

We have worked out by acting as the master cylinder that it needs to be replaced . Because it is an upgraded clutch system and the the old clutch was PROPER worn , this issue may occur .

Has anyone changed their Master Cylinders ? If so was it OEM or an upgraded one ?

Thanks ,

Fitted the same kit not long ago and had exactly the same problems , make sure the clutch pedal height is adjusted correctly to start with if it isn't you wont get it to bleed properly, this is vital.

We were thinking master cylinder at one point too, but once we adjusted the pedal height it was all ok and bled first time after that and clutch was fine to go, but wasn't perfect.

So for the next 2 nights I left the clutch pressed down and held with a bit of stick and that seamed to get rid of any air left in the system as it has been perfect since.

Did you replace the pivot ball?

On mine we replaced clutch , flywheel, slave cylinder, pivot ball and put a braided hose on.

It took a lot of messing about but well worth it in the end.

Useful info here:http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/350ZCLUTCHADJUSTSPECSHEET.pdf

Edited by Bigjimg

Yeah we have adjusted the clutch pedal and it was bleeding properly we made sure there was no air , we manually disengaged the clutch (Worked as a Master Cylinder ) and everything was okay .

No we didnt replace the pivot ball ,

The kit included , Clutch , Solid flywheel and release bearing .

We've been working on it for 4 days now the box has been dropped 5 times :blush:

Hopefully after we replace the master cylinder and change to braided hoses everything should be fine

• 3 weeks later...