2-piece Discs

F100Jay

Questions for folks that have been running 2 piece rotors and some performance pads on stock Brembo calipers. How much ia better bite and generally difference between 2 piece rotora and pads and notmal rotors

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Depends on pad and disc combination, so impossible to quantify really. Initial bite doesn't actually change that much though, what does change is feel and resistance to fade: They're the main benefits It's all about heat management.

Well something quality i reckon dba rotors are decent quality and ds2500 pads.

From my experience with OEM caliperes and minor upgrade to EBC rotors and pads i really cant say they don't have stopping power. How consistent would they be that is other question

Price for BBK is for sure double the price of upgrading all 4 wheel to 2 piece rotors and performance pads.

Is the BBK as twice as better over OEam calipers and 2 piece combo

No point in a bbk unless you've gone or are gonna go forced induction imo. Just uprate your discs and pads if you wanna go fast road or track.

The two piece discs and ds2500 were considerably better than the Brembo stock setup. I had the stock Brembo calipers too.

Im on Greddy Twin Turbo. Im so disappointed with OEM caliperes. I have an EBC groved and drilled GD series rotors and Yellow stuff pads. This has been much better than OEM combo. So i reckon 2 piece rotors and quality pads should be mile away from EBC

No point in a bbk unless you've gone or are gonna go forced induction imo. Just uprate your discs and pads if you wanna go fast road or track.

The two piece discs and ds2500 were considerably better than the Brembo stock setup. I had the stock Brembo calipers too.

Im on Greddy Twin Turbo. Im so disappointed with OEM caliperes. I have an EBC groved and drilled GD series rotors and Yellow stuff pads. This has been much better than OEM combo. So i reckon 2 piece rotors and quality pads should be mile away from EBC

Yeah should be. If you're on a twin turbo, I'd say look at performance friction pads. More bite than ferodo ds2500.

Yeah should be. If you're on a twin turbo, I'd say look at performance friction pads. More bite than ferodo ds2500.

Auto correct misinterpreted line above. I wanted to say i was not so disappointed with OEM caliperes. They have a solid bite. Sure i think next change would be 2 piece and DS pads.

What issues are you having with your current setup?

It's fading after offten use and im lacking bit of initial bite (not always). EBC was a good upgrade when i was on stock engine it was up to task.

BBK for sure is better but they have a nice price tag.

Bite can be solved with pads. As for fade, what exact models of EBC pads and discs are you running?

Im on EBC GD series which are groved with dots but not drilled and as far for fluid regular dot 4 i think ATE

Edited by Snjur

Hmmm, not the world's worst combination. You may want to switch the discs for something with more grooves in (more grooves = more braking faces to cut into the pad) which will improve bite, and perhaps a fluid change if it's near 2 years old.

I don't mind the YS pads but some have found them lacking on heavy cars, so possibly a good time to change to the PF 01 compound ones.

• Like 1

Hmmm, not the world's worst combination. You may want to switch the discs for something with more grooves in (more grooves = more braking faces to cut into the pad) which will improve bite, and perhaps a fluid change if it's near 2 years old.

I don't mind the YS pads but some have found them lacking on heavy cars, so possibly a good time to change to the PF 01 compound ones.

Yeah same what i was thinking 9n pads. Z is not so light car. I think i will wait till i wear this set of pads and upgrade on 2 piece rotors and Ferodo pads

Yup, have a google and you'll find loads of suppliers. Or if not, speak to them directly +44 (0)1295 221020.

Sure will check once I finish this set. Honestly first time i hear on this. Usually here is popular Ferodo Endless etc