Sticking Clutch issue

tantalus78

Hi all,

I have a 55 reg 350z, UK and unmodified. Recently the clutch has started not returning back into position and sticking. It still chages gear OK.

I took it to a garage and they checked the master, slave and said there were no leaks and that it could be either or the clutch itself. The clutch does make a slight whirring noise which goes when you press the clutch down. They cleaned and lubed it all up and it was OK for a week. They had said I need to do the clutch at some point.

I'm moving house and could do without replacing the clutch. Does this seem familiar to anyone?

If I do have to do the clutch it makes sense to do the master and slave, but would rather just do what's require at the moment. Do you need to remove the gear box to change both cylinders?

I'm open to suggestions and appreciate your help.

Cheers

Tant

I also had a sticking clutch and I knew I had to replace my clutch too so at first I replaced the clutch. When I got it back the clutch felt much lighter and the biting point was much higher... few weeks later the sticking clutch came back so took it in and got the slave cylinder done and the clutch hasn't stuck down since!

Very common on the DE's for the slave cylinder to fail due to the proximity of the manifolds. We can supply a new slave cylinder, stainless steel braided line and Motul RBF 600 fluid which will solve the problem.

I wouldn't bother with the master cylinder I have yet to see one fail yet. The most important thing to do is use the Nissan procedure for bleeding the system which we can include with the kit,

Ewen

• 2 weeks later...

Very common on the DE's for the slave cylinder to fail due to the proximity of the manifolds. We can supply a new slave cylinder, stainless steel braided line and Motul RBF 600 fluid which will solve the problem.

I wouldn't bother with the master cylinder I have yet to see one fail yet. The most important thing to do is use the Nissan procedure for bleeding the system which we can include with the kit,

Ewen

Spot on from Ewen, I had same issue got the hose and Slave from Clark Motorsport and all is well now, made a massive difference and no more issues from pedal in the hot weather or sitting in traffic 😀 Plus such a cheap fix !

The most important thing to do is use the Nissan procedure for bleeding the system which we can include with the kit,

Great timing, Ewen! I finally got round to replacing the slave I bought a couple of months back, but the pedal still sticks occasionally on return. What's this Nissan procedure you mention? Can you send it to me?

Cheers,

Howard