Clutch replacement (and flywheel?) traders on here?

Tom_K

Morning All,

First things first, I have searched for this topic and found a lot of decent information but it's led me to question some things I wasn't previously questioning;

So, I have a 2003 350GT (Import) and the clutch has been dodgy since I bought it, I knew it going into the deal. The symptoms are as follows:

- Clutch release bearing is noisy (I'm assuming a new one of these will come with the clutch kit.)

- The clutch pedal feels very stiff

- It's almost impossible to pull away without juddering and this gets worse when hot

- However, the clutch itself doesn't slip.

- I can't hear any noise that sounds like the dual mass is knackered, but my only experience of this is on diesel VAG.

My thinking is that I need a new clutch and release bearing (obviously) as the pressure plate may have overheated or something causing it to be stiff and notchy (causing the judder problem).

My questions

- Do we think I need a clutch AND flywheel? (I'd replace it with a solid if so)

- If so, what traders on here offer these parts? As I'd rather go for someone trusted than some random 'is it Chinese or not' ebay gamble.

- Also, do these cars come with any sort of clutch delay valve or similar like e36 BMW's for example?

Any advice much appreciated :)

Thanks Alex :)

The most popular kit we sell for the DE can be seen here http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/95545-new-xtreme-clutch-organic-inc-smf-350z-de/

It is normally necessary to replace the dual mass flywheel at the same time due to wear and due to the fact you already have the gearbox out makes more sense.

Get in touch if I can help further :)

Thanks both.

Alex, no, that's not something I even considered tbh

The main concern is that it's a pig to drive as it is, so something needs to be done about it.

Ewen, thanks for the link, I'll look into that as it does seem like everything I need.

Morning all,

I've been doing a bit more research and it looks like I'll definitely go for that clutch kit from Clark Motorsport.

However I've decided to do some other bits while I'm there, mainly the gearbox oil, slave cylinder, braided line swap and fluid. Can anyone point me towards where to get the latter? (I will also look myself, but in the mean time, one of you helpful bods might come through first) and the oil I can get from anywhere.

Morning all,

I've been doing a bit more research and it looks like I'll definitely go for that clutch kit from Clark Motorsport.

However I've decided to do some other bits while I'm there, mainly the gearbox oil, slave cylinder, braided line swap and fluid. Can anyone point me towards where to get the latter? (I will also look myself, but in the mean time, one of you helpful bods might come through first) and the oil I can get from anywhere.

We keep it all in stock and can offer you a package deal if taking the clutch kit :)

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread up from the past slightly; I just called Clark motorsport and apparently Ewen is away until Monday. No big deal as I'm not in a rush, but I'll call back on Monday to go through some things.

Before then though, can anyone shed some more light on a couple of things:

Gearbox oil - I've read a lot of post about molyslip...forgive my ignorance but is this just an additive? and what oil do people recommend? Is it Nissan oil only?

Slave cylinder - Are there any different versions depending on vehicle age? Again, any recommendations? or is it Nissan only?

I'm happy to do a package deal with a trader but at the same time I want to make sure I get the best parts for my needs.

Thanks all.

Ewen is in Germany this week, however I can answer your questions.

Best to use genuine Nissan gearbox fluids and the Molyslip is an additive.

Best also to stick with the Nissan slave cyl.

CMS have all the above in stock.

If you require to contact Ewen before next Monday, then just drop him an email. ;)

Alex. :)

I had exactly same symptoms as you said tom car became a pig. Ewan sorted me out with parts listed above.

Engine also revs much more freely after getting rid of dual mass flywheel.

[edit] well worth putting a new slave on, spring had snapped on mine, couldn't bleed. Car stuck on ramp 1day waiting for new one. Doh :blush:

Edited by Adam B
  • Like 1

Hi Tom

That's us now back in the office after the Expo show in Cologne. Please let me know if I can help further :)

Sorry bit of a hijack,

Ewen,

If i had known you were at the Expo in Cologne i would have popped round and had a few kölch with you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...