Engine Light - Code P0420

Holfy92

Hi all, I've had my Zed for about 2 weeks now and loving it at the moment!

A few days ago my engine light came on solid so I checked it on my code reader and it came up with P0420.

'Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1'

Can anyone please let me know what this is? I've read 02 sensors could be it?

Thanks in advance

As ZMANALEX told, go with uprev and you dont have to worry about them anymore. If you are planning to do any mods or bolt-ons on the engine then do them before mapping. Now you could just try to reset the code if it is bothering you.

Thanks for the reply guys, car is all standard at the moment and I won't be doing an uprev any time soon till I do some mods.

I also forgot to mention I reset the code once doing the pedal dance and the engine light came back on couple days later.....so I reset the code on my ODB reader instead.

I guess I should try the sensors first?

Where's the best place to get them from....

Thanks for the reply guys, car is all standard at the moment and I won't be doing an uprev any time soon till I do some mods.

I also forgot to mention I reset the code once doing the pedal dance and the engine light came back on couple days later.....so I reset the code on my ODB reader instead.

I guess I should try the sensors first?

Where's the best place to get them from....

Zmanalex (above, post n#2) as he may have good used condition ones in stock.

Failing that then Emperor Tuning (a trader on here ~ see the professional trader area) again for good used condition ones or Clark Motorsport for new ones.

There are other traders who may be able to help if you have no success with those three so have a good search through the professional traders if needs be but those would be my first choices. :thumbs:

• 3 months later...