What are these ? And where to get plenum bolts ?

Ollydykins

Hey guys, bought a spacer Along with some other bits and bobs someone took of their car (returning it to OEM before selling) I am

TERRIBLE with cars to please be nice :D

Wondering what are these ? Throttle body spacer and some sort of gasket?

2eac944a0fc0d95732d70f5dd97d5ff0.jpg

a3e5555984e502c66753b92c16303c0c.jpg

f9d1145ddccebcc56e65f1af424960d8.jpg

And didn't get any extended bolts etc with the plenum, it's a normal 5/16, where's the best place to get my hands on some?

Thanks,

Olly

exactly throttle body spacer the spiral grooves are supposed to improve air fuel mixing can't quite believe that

the gasket looks like a phenolic or other insulating intake gasket it goes underneath the plenum to insulate it from the engine to reduce plenum temperature which theoretically reduces intake temperatures

as for bolts you will need longer bolts for the plenum and the throttle body i think they are all M6 but dont hold me to that get them where you can ideally avoid stainless unless passivated most stainless bolts used in the motor industry seem to be yellow passivated which basically stops them reacting to dissimilar metals i always put mine in with a bit of grease or copper grease.

:)

• Like 1

Send it back where you got it, it's way too much hassle trying to get all the right bolts and also the plastic spacers for the 6 central plenum bolts which aren't commercially available, they have to be custom made unless you can get Motordyne or another manufacturer or plenum spacers to send you some.

• Like 1

exactly throttle body spacer the spiral grooves are supposed to improve air fuel mixing can't quite believe that

the gasket looks like a phenolic or other insulating intake gasket it goes underneath the plenum to insulate it from the engine to reduce plenum temperature which theoretically reduces intake temperatures

as for bolts you will need longer bolts for the plenum and the throttle body i think they are all M6 but dont hold me to that get them where you can ideally avoid stainless unless passivated most stainless bolts used in the motor industry seem to be yellow passivated which basically stops them reacting to dissimilar metals i always put mine in with a bit of grease or copper grease.

:)

Absolute massive help!! Thankyou! :)

Thanks again,

Olly

And don't forget the plastic spacers that you will require with the longer bolts.

On second thoughts, might be a plan to post up a picture of all the parts you have received in case some other parts are missing.

Hi Alex, these are all I got and the plenum spacer and an air filter, didn't get anything else with it.

Thanks again,

Olly

Looks like you are missing
  • All bolts and washers for the plenum
  • Strut bolts and strut spacers
  • Gaskets for the spacer
  • Nylon spacers for inside the plenum

Can you supply these by any chance? Or know who can?

Thanks again,

Olly

I might know a man who can ;)

I'll see what I have left in terms of stock. I know I have gaskets, plenum bolts, Nylon spacers, but I believe I'm totally out of strut bolts and spacers. I will check for you this evening.

• Like 1

Looks like you are missing
  • All bolts and washers for the plenum
  • Strut bolts and strut spacers
  • Gaskets for the spacer
  • Nylon spacers for inside the plenum

Can you supply these by any chance? Or know who can?

Thanks again,

Olly

I might know a man who can ;)

I'll see what I have left in terms of stock. I know I have gaskets, plenum bolts, Nylon spacers, but I believe I'm totally out of strut bolts and spacers. I will check for you this evening.

Thankyou wasso! :) I think I have a gasket attached to it, I'll check when I get to work this evening

Thanks again,

Olly

Edited by Ollydykins