The Pedal Dance is Becoming More Frequent

Maddog

2004 DE Standard apart from,

Invidia True Dual System, With Silenced DE-Cats,

The engine light came on so i got some Lambda Spacers, it's seems to be ok pottering around until i start driving her the way she should be driven.

Then the light comes on again until the dance be done, Not going into limp mode just the light is on. (i presume the second Lambda sensor)

Do i need a re-map or maybe an induction kit

The engine is standard and didn't really want to go down the up-rev route

Any tips or tricks to avoid the engine light coming on

If you don't want to splash for upRev, get a cheap code reader to make it easy to check the code and clear as needed.

Which is the better code reader to get

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Not much point in continually knocking the eml off with a reader, it's because your running decats the light is coming on again and again, spacers sometimes work but not always and will still cause air fuel mix to be wrong. I would be getting it mapped out asap and an induction kit will do sod all. Your in danger of ruining your engine as the decats will cause it to mess up the air / fuel mix and could be running lean. You can't decat and not remap if you want your car to last, especially if you want to drive it like it should be driven. Either take the decats off or remap....... or risk damaging her !!!

When I decatted, I was advised to keep it under 3K revs and have it mapped pronto.

• Like 2

If you don't want to splash for upRev, get a cheap code reader to make it easy to check the code and clear as needed.

Which is the better code reader to get

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There's loads on here, a quick search should pull a few, but Irn Bru is spot on about the long term solution.

Copy and paste this into Google site:350z-uk.com code reader

Think i'll be putting the Cats back on again, but it's so smooth with the de-cats,

I really didn't want to spend a fortune on the car as this is my first Zed, and I'm contemplating selling and buying an automatic.

I agree with what Irn Bru is saying and i think i'll hold off the up-rev until i get the Zed i'm completely happy with and then customize accordingly.

Thanks for the input guys

• Like 1

Not much point in continually knocking the eml off with a reader, it's because your running decats the light is coming on again and again, spacers sometimes work but not always and will still cause air fuel mix to be wrong. I would be getting it mapped out asap and an induction kit will do sod all. Your in danger of ruining your engine as the decats will cause it to mess up the air / fuel mix and could be running lean. You can't decat and not remap if you want your car to last, especially if you want to drive it like it should be driven. Either take the decats off or remap....... or risk damaging her !!!

When I decatted, I was advised to keep it under 3K revs and have it mapped pronto.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

What you've said has me worried irn-bru :0

I've had mine remapped with the art pipes and my engine light always comes back on so have had it left on for like 1 year and a half now and do the pedal dance just for m.o.t. Even with it being mapped is my car running wrong air fuel mix and that? I thought since its mapped it should be fine and the light is due to faulty sensors.

• Like 1

If it's been upRev'd after your breathing mods you should be ok, but they usually disable the CEL at upRev.

However, you should really pull the codes when the light comes on, it could be anything, you're right to be concerned if it's been on for that long and you've never checked it. Readers are so cheap I can't think of a good reason not to have one.

I've had mine remapped with the art pipes and my engine light always comes back on so have had it left on for like 1 year and a half now and do the pedal dance just for m.o.t. Even with it being mapped is my car running wrong air fuel mix and that? I thought since its mapped it should be fine and the light is due to faulty sensors.

My eml came on too even after it was mapped but I just fitted spacers and it's sorted now, but to put my mind a rest I double checked with Chris @ Dynatune just to make sure all was well. Might be worth you double checking with your mapper, but I'm assuming it was Chris who done it for you too.

My eml came on too even after it was mapped but I just fitted spacers and it's sorted now, but to put my mind a rest I double checked with Chris @ Dynatune just to make sure all was well. Might be worth you double checking with your mapper, but I'm assuming it was Chris who done it for you too.

Yeah was with Chris. Haven't had the chance to pop round recently but will need too soon.

Chis told me to just pop round and he would knock the eml off but I bought spacers from a member on here first to save the trip and it's fine now. Your car will be fine as far as the air fuel mix is concerned with Chris mapping it but for some reason the eml comes on after the map. Mines was out after the map but came on a few days later, a quick pm to Chris just to make sure all was well. But like I said, spacers have done the trick. But as your not far from Chris it would be worth dropping him a pm and get it knocked off, it's only a 10 minute job for Chris.

After all the advice i reinstalled the OEM cats, until i get all the induction and mapping done,

by the way there is a spade connector very close to the passenger Cat, don't bump this off as i did, your Zed won't start. (nothing, no click, no tick, nothing) lol